Traction bar choices

strokin_early99

Fat Trucks Rule
Which ones are the best for pulling and still tolerable on the road?

I was going to order from Farm Boy this week. I pm'd him only to find out he is not making them for a while until supplier issues get worked out. Any others worth the money or should I wait?

Thanks,
Howard

bars

I have a friend that makes them and they are adjustable.. Tight for the track and loose for the street.. I have a set for a reg truck if you want them.. They are new, i just bought a ext cab truck and need longer ones.. Let me know and Ill give you his ##

Cal-tracs bars are an option, they can be adjusted loose for the street and tight for sled pulling, a bunch of d-max guys use them with good results. I would'nt use them pulling in the midwest but they would handle the tracks out here just fine. Plus they don't hang down far.

-Tom

Advanced Diesel Technology makes them & they can be ordered to use a quick release pin. Take them off when you aren't pulling. He had a set that was waterjetted with ADT in the sides. 304-864-3399

Super lift has some really nice bolt on bars. And enterprise engines has some bars but they are made by a guy in indiana. If you call haisley machine ask for patty and she can give you his number. They are cheaper from him directly. But there are pics of his bars on enterprise engines web page.

ya

Yes Thats my buddy, I do believe that he makes them for EEP & Haisley both

jktcummins said:
Super lift has some really nice bolt on bars. And enterprise engines has some bars but they are made by a guy in indiana. If you call haisley machine ask for patty and she can give you his number. They are cheaper from him directly. But there are pics of his bars on enterprise engines web page.

I am becoming more convinced that the CALTRAC bars are the ticket for street stock pullers. I know there is a large group of non believers but they are impressing me more every time we hook to a sled.

Cal-tracs are great when you are not allowed to run a solid bump stop because they do not allow the rear suspension to compress and in turn lose hitch hieght.

-Tom