traction bar question

stump0331

BIG BAD GROCERY GETTER
is the piece that attaches to the axle, welded on?

edit: im reffering to the traction bars you sell

Yes they are. I dont know if he has his bolt on kit compleated yet. Look at a few pictures of them. Both pictures are of my truck. Jesse has been good to me in the past so its only right I am good to him!
29147.JPG

tb_1.jpg

thank you for the pics, ive seen several of the frame mount, but very few of the axle mount

thanks again:thankyou2:

just move the top picture over, you can see the welded tabs on my rear end.

did you weld the tubes to the pig, I ask only because I have seen the pig move up torwards the bed and stay there and that was with traction bars on, the tubes stayed but the pig moved, I also did that to mine so I welded the tube and pig together on my next rearend.

Yes they are welded.

30788.jpg

30787.jpg

Hey Ryan...ive got a TON of the new QA1 heims sitting here...you have that old style and i can see they are pretty rusted. Give me a ring, id like to get you the new style joints.

As for welding the tubes to the chunk...ive only ever seen 14bolts twist the plug welds...but for overkill, by all means weld it up. Just be aware of how close you are the the bearings, and how heat will affect them.

I had twisted my 03 dodge and a freind twisted an 08 ford, as far as welding them not sure how thick the wall is but I don't think they are as thick as an old dana 60, your right about the bearing's but I did not want that to happen again.