Tranny controllers

tnutcher

Hey guys. I have a 99 cummins with a suncoasted auto and also a jacobs exhaust brake system. I would like to get a tranny controller to allow lockup in all forward gears and also work with my exh. brake and maybe downshift and some other stuff. Suncoast sells one and so does bd which are the two I'm looking at. They both do lockup but i'm not sure which to go with. Does anyone have experiance with the suncoast controller or the BD towlock (i think thats the name)?? I would greatly appreciate some input. I know i could do a mystery switch which i've had on before but i'd rather just program it to do what i want when I want. Thanks in advanced

TNutcher

I think another option would be the TS Performance transmission controller. Why wouldn't you buy the one the transmission builder offers? That way the warranty couldn't be contested so easily?

Just wire up a manual lockup switch. Wont cost you more than 15$ and u can lock it anytime you want. Lockup controllers are a HUGE waste of money IMO. U may not be able to lock your converter in 1st gear depending on how your valve body is set up.

So how does one go about running my own lockup switch?