Tranny Issues.....

sredish

Where am I?
Hey, can anyone tell me why my nice high-dollar JW trans wants to start out in 2nd gear from a stop (red light, stop sign, etc) like every 3 or 4 shifts........ :bang

That would be my guess... Those are stock solenoids.

I was thinking solenoid.yea, they're stock. john said when he built the trans that they looked great and they shouldn't be an issue, at least for awhile. but this has been getting worse. how much is it to replace all the solenoids?

Scott,
I think if you sell your SCT and get a Banks PDA you wouldnt have this problem:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

sredish said:
I was thinking solenoid.yea, they're stock. john said when he built the trans that they looked great and they shouldn't be an issue, at least for awhile. but this has been getting worse. how much is it to replace all the solenoids?

I just replaced the direct solenoid in my truck and it cost me $29.87.not to bad.What happens when you pull it to first on the column.

good question rave, i hadn't tried that. how hard was the replacement? we need a write-up on the solenoid replacement.

sredish said:
good question rave, i hadn't tried that. how hard was the replacement? we need a write-up on the solenoid replacement.

Its very simple,the pan is removed and the valve body is made up of 7 solenoids thats it no springs,valves,check balls nothing.the solenoids can be removed with out removing the valve body,pull a clip and the solenoid will slide out.friday I will post a picture of where each solenoid is on the valve body.