Tranny problems

blackandstacked

certified idiot
Tranny in my 00 is giving me fits again. Between 35 and 45 mph at low throttle after it shifts into over drive it will lock and unlock the converter kind of at a fast pace. If you accelerate at a good rate it doesnt do it. Only does it at light throttle like driving in town. Trans was built by DTT and has a Suncoast VB in it. Runs with amsoil fluid. Any idears?:banghead:

We tried the tinfoil trick on the ground already right Todd?

Wrap the ground off of the alternator to the battery in tinfoil, tape up with electrical tape, reset the TPS and voila'

Tim, what kind of hokass pokass is that? Is that an option on the TCB?

Last edited:
It works. I've got it on mine and it works great. My tranny builder actually told me to try it (this was before the DTT rebuild back when all I had was the DTT VB). Your DTT should have come with a noise filter which would do the same thing but if not the tin foil trick works great and is free if you have some foil and tape laying around.

The trans was in the truck when i bought it. There is this nice little white box that intercepts some wires on the pcm. Is that a noise filter or a line pressure box?

There should be two boxes. One of them has an adjustable screw on it, that's for the line pressures. The other just has two or three wires coming out of it. That's the noise filter.

mine only has the line pressure box then i am going to try thr tin foil today will let you know if it works.

Problem appears to be soved by cleaning all 4 battery terminals, cleaning the connections on the alternator and resetting apps.