Tranny Q??

PRattenbury

Neophyte
Well the truck is running again. I sure did miss it. I have a tranny problem that's always annoyed me since I've owned the truck. It's a 47RH full of DTT goodies built by Mass Diesel. I realize the tranny is doing exactly what it's supposed to do, so it isn't like a DTT or Mass Diesel thing. The problem is, the thing just blips through the gears too quickly. Especially going into lockup in OD. I gotta have more RPMs going on before this puppy locks up. Especially now with the fuel I have on tap. The truck blips thru the gears on up into OD, locks up, the RPMs go down to 1500 or so, and the world behind me goes black, because the boost is gone but the fuel continues. Didn't I hear of a mod that can be done to vary the shift points????

Hey Paul I have a Goerand 47rh that we built and it was doing the very same thing so I called Dave and he told be to go to the Dodge Dealer and reflash the PCM it made all the differance in the World trany shifts nicely now!

What'd that cost? I'm usually skeered to go to the dealer for fear they'll charge me my first-born male child. Definitely worth asking about. Thanks!