Tranny question

1SickHarley

Torque Monger
Ran to my local convienence store tonight. Truck got up to temp., tranny was at 150. Normally runs 160-165. Pulled out after my purchase and nailed it. Runs launched and instead of shifting into 2nd. just stayed there at 4150 until I let off. I have a Suncoast full deal tranny and Eric's Extreme tune. Drove the mile home and pulled into the hood on our nice long straight. Nailed it again and it did it's normal hellish bark of 2nd and 3rd. What happend do you think? Tranny not up to temps? It was wierd, kinda scared me since the tranny has 1000 miles on it roughly. thanks for an answer everyone...

I don't think so. It learned stratagy awhile ago. It's been shifting like a CHAMP for about 5 days now. I talked with Joe at Suncoast when I had like 500 miles on it and he said jump on it that it was fine. They learn before then. You could be right though..... who knows? I'm still guessing on temp. maybe but I'm sure someone on here will know more than me!

I had mine do that once but i think mine stuck in third gear and just layed on the governor until I let off. After that I stoped and took off again and the tranny shifted just fine, and has ever since. That was about 2500 miles ago.:huh::

Hopefully it won't happen again. Was your truck up to temps? What computer do you have? I've gone through too many tranny's, that's why I now have an SCT. Anyone else with any ideas? Thanks everyone.......

yea, i think it was just an electronic hiccup. these damn adaptive trans are always kind of learning, IMO and it seems to me the computers always have a hard time being 100% consistent with a built trans.

I agree 100% with you Scott.

Never does the same thing twice it seems!!!!

The trannies constantly learn and unlearn based on about the last 50 miles of your driving.

I had no Idea that tranny was that complicated......makes me glad I have a stupid tranny LOL

I was just runnin my street file when it happened and at that time I didn't have my tranny temp gauge in but the trans should have been fairly warm. Btw I was running SCT and the trans. is stock.

Funny thing..... it happend again. The same situation. Left the store and it happend. I don't know if it's the first time I nail it after shutting it off or what. Who knows..... it's a modified Ford.

The other day I was moving in traffic and got on it hard. TRuck shifted fine all the way up to third before I let off. I stopped and when I started out agian from a dead spot the tranny was still in third gear. Took it a while to go down to first agian.

Just another reason i'm glad i ordered mine with a stick.

the only inconsistant thing in my driveline is...ME....lol