Tranny temp gauge

I don't know. I figure if that's the temps that the engineers were worried about, that's what I'll be worried about LOL

How accurate will that be? Like Leeso, he is seeing a 20 degree difference in the temps. Where is the truck computer getting the temps of the transmission from? Don't want to be beating a dead horse, just look for input.

Sensor is in the pan somewhere on the valve body as I understand it.

I'm going to get an autometer tranny temp gauge to put on the truck till I get the cts. Do you guys think it would be more beneficial to just put a t in the hot line going to the cooler? I just want to monitor the temp on this thing. I will probably just use the cts after I get it to monitor the tranny temp. Will keep the gauge installed to give two different readings. Here's my other question, I was looking at the gauge pods that go in the dash of the 03-05 models.
http://www.genosgarage.com/CUBBY-HOLE-MOUNT-TRIPLE-CONSOLE-POD-03-05/productinfo/GM-DG-15021/#.UvTVH0CA05s
Have any of you guys ever try to use the same pod on an 06?

just get a T in the hot line, you'll be fine. I know it's been discussed, but reading the 'hot line' temp is an instant snapshot of the trans operation, whereas reading the pan is more of a measure of the average temp of 'what's going on'.

....I'm setting up my 03 to read both (via 2 gauges, one now and one in future)

Can I get the said T at a local parts store? Or do I need to get it somewhere else?

Could somebody shed some light on what exactly the t is called. I looked all over the interweb. Must not be putting in the right description. Or does anybody have a part number or a supplier company to where I can purchase? Thanks for the help.

You can get it on McMaster Carr. It goes on the hardline coming out of the torque converter. Its got, o I can't remember what size, like 1/4 or 5/16 or 3/8 on two ends and a 1/8 npt end on the T part. Do a search for what size. I think thoroughbred diesel sells new lines with this fitting installed for around 100.

Sent from my LG pad

Yeah I know they are. Was just wondering if one is better than the other? Don't want it to leak, and want it last for a long time.

Back