Tranny Upgrades...

CWbOyRDnEcK6

yea right
So I just bought a 96 Dodge from someone that i know, i have worked on the truck quite often installing new parts with the previous owner. When i bought it I knew the tranny was bad, it slips pretty bad. Now to the real question, is it worth it to buy an aftermarket high performance torque convertor and clutch packs?

I'm also lookin for a set of towing mirrors. If anyone has a set let me know if you want to sell them.

not at all worth it , if you like pulling tranys out every few thousand miles LOL.
really it depends on what you are gonna do for hp stock parts work great with stock trucks .

If you want to do it simple get a good master overhaul kit and a Billet converter, everone is partial to one brand or the other, I know Suncoast can sell you what you need, being more ford than mopar I'm more partial to a Precission converter. But all they sell is converters. Others should chime in soon with more help, but froma good friend of mine in AZ, total mopar guy, always told me the mopar trannys are easy to fix.

Sounds like you are preaty mechanical if your comfortable with doing a trany just do what I did I called Dave at Goerand and told him what I had in mind also told him that I was on a budget and was going to do all the work myself.From there he simply said what are your HP goals and what are you going to use the truck for? I told him and he worked out a nice bunch of parts together and that was it. The only thing I didn't get into was the overdrive section because I didn't have the tools for it. Holding up great and since I put it in I have not stoped smiling when that convertor hits!!

Schoust said:
Sounds like you are preaty mechanical if your comfortable with doing a trany

I think you need to listen a little better.

The most technical thing he has ever installed is a sticker on a back window.

MKoth said:
I think you need to listen a little better.

The most technical thing he has ever installed is a sticker on a back window.
PS: between the fact that it was a Holiday Inn he stayed at last night and the fact that it was a "Three" (3) color decal, I think pricing the kit is the right thing to do.

Copy ?

And yet again the Man himself Mkoth chimes in with nothing of use. Take your badgering some where else because it is not needed here. And Matt if i was comfortable doing it, I wouldn't have went through the Transfer Case with Till now would I?

Mkoth I know nothing of this person and I assumed that he had some mechanical ability? I was attempting to assist a fellow member is all.

Trannies are a bit more complicated than transfercases. If your going to go thru the tranny yourself. By the chrysler service manual, not some cheapo chiltons that has 3 pages on the tranny.

I apologize for chiming in and having fun.... did not mean to rub anybody the wrong way.