Trans and rear axle oils?

Texaschromeboy

Cummins Cadillac
Ive been planning to change the oil on a 93 dodge transmission and rear axle and also the rear axle on my truck what brand and grade is the best to put in there?

Ive been planning to change the oil on a 93 dodge transmission and rear axle and also the rear axle on my truck what brand and grade is the best to put in there?

Your transmission probably takes 75/80w90 same with your axles. Your transfer case takes ATF. I put Amsoil in everything. You may want something cheaper.

I run amsoil in all diesel, boat truck, mower, etc., and have compared it to other oils with a oil analysis. I found after 2 times the hours the amsoil was in better condition than the others. I have twin diesels in my boat, and I lost a wp in the inlet, with high winds, and the over heat buzzer going off. I figured a blown engine was better than the boat on the rocks, ran it about 12 min. overheated to the marina, shut it down fixed it, and been doing oil analysis every 200 hrs since. no damage, and the analysis is the same as the other engine now after 1200 hrs. Boat engines are always under load, like your truck going uphill with a load. Try doing that with your oil.

I like it, but I'm biased.
Severe Gear 75W-90,110,140, your choice. I used to run the 90 in front 140 in back, 110 wasn't available.

If you don t tow heavy the 90 would do the trick in both diffs. If you tow a lot, the extra protection of the 140 is nice.

I run amsoil in all diesel, boat truck, mower, etc., and have compared it to other oils with a oil analysis. I found after 2 times the hours the amsoil was in better condition than the others. I have twin diesels in my boat, and I lost a wp in the inlet, with high winds, and the over heat buzzer going off. I figured a blown engine was better than the boat on the rocks, ran it about 12 min. overheated to the marina, shut it down fixed it, and been doing oil analysis every 200 hrs since. no damage, and the analysis is the same as the other engine now after 1200 hrs. Boat engines are always under load, like your truck going uphill with a load. Try doing that with your oil.

You have a diesel boat and mower?

i could go with the 110 just to stay in the neutral i haul cows with my truck and the 93 is just a work truck that never pulls much but just a little welding trailer