Trans dipstick getting the best of me...

dixon700

cummins fanatic
I bought the expensive suncoast dipstick because it's been said that it takes fluid way faster 5 Han the lokar. I'm having the hardest time getting the stick to go the whole way in. It's making me highly irate. I've tried adding a little twist and bending the end around, but it's not getting any easier. It's mostly the last like 3" that is miserable to get in... Also the tube is going to be laying on my header wrapped down pipe. Is that going to be an issue? My manifold, hot pipe, and downpipe are all wrapped, and I figured the down pipe would be coolest.

Use a bent stock one, move the bracket and tack it back where you need it.

^^^Yep, just go with a stock tube. I tried the lokar one initially, had to shorten the braided tube and you couldn't even see the fluid on it. So it's holding down a stack of tires in the garage now.

THAT F***ing SUNC**ST PIECE OF ****! I've been SO aggravated so many times I was just getting over it till I saw this! Lol I curled the end of the stick and tried tons of locations and I could almost never get it in.. I hear if you run it straight up in to the glove box it works ok lol I have a modified stock tube on mine again

The stock one isn't that hard to bend to where you need it. Add a little heat to make it more maliable is need be.

I never had a stock tube... I swapped in this auto and bought a built trans without a dipstick, so I had seen that the suncoast was more desirable than the lokar due to taking fluid faster so I sprung for the suncoast. I pulled the tube out and felt around. It seems the mag hytec pan fills most of the hole. Would it hurt when I drop the pan in 1k mi to drain and fill and adjust bands to grind some of that away so the dipstick slides in easier?

Same here, swapped from a 5600 to the 48. Seams like when I was dicking around with the lokar I could feel the pan lip to. Put a stock tube in after I got tired of messing with it and haven't had a problem yet.