trans question

Blown 5.9

GONE
hey guys if i have a set goal for 500rwhp can i still RUN the truck without worrying about breaking the stock input shaft and flexplate i dont plan on doing locked shifts. but maybe a 10spi launch here and there .

Anything can break at anytime. Plan in getting the shafts and flexplate.

ok ill order then thanks! next question is these parts worth the extra 300 bucks - Complete Overdrive Bearing Kit
- Performance Low/Reverse Band
- Overdrive Bushing Package
- Overdrive One-Way Clutch
- Direct Drum Bushing
- Low/Reverse One Way Clutch

is there any benifit from running them on a daily driver .

Definitely change the direct drum and pump bushings, reverse drum is rarely bad and the rest is good to change yet not always necessary depending on what the condition of the stock transmission is.

Lavon

hey guys if i have a set goal for 500rwhp can i still RUN the truck without worrying about breaking the stock input shaft and flexplate i dont plan on doing locked shifts. but maybe a 10spi launch here and there .

Really? I don't think that will last long once you break 500rwhp LOL

lol yeah ure prob right , i just dont want to break the rest of the drivetrain..... hell the trans alone is costed me more than i payed for the truck ! and the rebuild kit is ats ''master rebuild kit" so i hope its good for 800 bucks !

shoot im still waiting another week to order the parts but some ppl are telling me not to order that ats rebuild kit cuz ats is '' garbage'' so now i gotta think some more :(

shoot im still waiting another week to order the parts but some ppl are telling me not to order that ats rebuild kit cuz ats is '' garbage'' so now i gotta think some more :(

Actually , PureDieselPower contacted me,
they shipped Goerend kit..........It came with Raybestos double sided high friction disks.
Much Better??................

ATS kit uses single sided "racing" stage 1 clutches??

Last edited:
All i can say is build it right the first time, because when it breaks ur going to be wishing you would of spent the money and bought the best.

My kit included:

- Output shaft bushings
- Overdrive sun gear bushings
- Extension housing bushing & pump bushing
- Direct clutch bushing
- Overdrive bearing section kit
- Filter
- all rings and seals
- billet band strut
- Performance Intermediate band & Low/Reverse Band
- Sonnax billet 4 ring accumulator piston
- Overdrive sprag element
- Low roller element
- Sonnax front servo cover with o-ring
- snap springs
- Overdrive sun gear 15 degree
Raybestos high friction:
- Direct clutches ( 5 )
- Forward clutches ( 5 )
- Overdrive clutches ( 6 )
- Overdrive direct clutches ( 10 )
and some 47RE stuff..........

also i have :

Sonnax 1-piece input shaft
BD diesel valve body
BD diesel flexplate
The Power Wedge unbreakable intermediate band anchor
Billet 4.2 to 1 Ratio Band Lever
Hardened Pump Gear Set
Overdrive extreme duty Mega Spring
High capacity 5 clutch direct drum
Sonnax Upgraded overdrive piston retainer
Front / Rear Sun Gear
The stator support bushing
Special packing and pressure plates and extra clutches

so ure 95 has a 47rh ? and that kit from goerand is for a 47re ... will it work on a 47rh ?

so ure 95 has a 47rh ? and that kit from goerand is for a 47re ... will it work on a 47rh ?

Yes, 47RH....ATS kit also fits both transmission 47RH/RE.
My Kit included 47RE filter, so got a new one from local store.

Last edited:
i just went straight to goerend and orderd up evrything $$$$ i hope it was worth the pretty penny:Cheer: its official i got more money in my trans than i paid for the truck lol

If the converter is unlocked, I would say the flexplate would go before the input does. I think at 400-500hp you would probably be ok, but most people try and push it and keep the stock stuff once they're at 600+, and then, boom.

the kit i got has the flexplate insert so i think i should be good . i think the output shaft will be next thing to go. but i dont dog the truck and wont be launching it every red light so it should last me a while