Transfer case

Motoracer057

Ok so I seem to have a problem with my t-case. I have the floor shifter and it has ALOT of back to front wiggle and it will not stay in 4-hi or 4-lo. It will go in but you have to hold the shifter to keep it in or it will pop back out as soon as you start moving. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen or knows a fix? Also are the t-cases in the 48re trucks the same as a G56 besides the input shaft?

Sounds like the range fork or hub is worn. Theonly difference between the 2 is the input

like he said the fork sounds wore out and its probably missing the shifter fork shoes

I just replaced the chain and rear seal in mine last week. The hardest part is getting the case open. I did it all with the TC still in the truck. I found that to be the easiest, for me anyways. It's pretty straight forward once you get in there.

Transfer blues

I have similar problem on 2006 271d unit ,will not go into 4Hi ,but still have 4Lo for now . As soon as snow stops will take off cover and find if forks or slider or syncro is cause .I have but 31k on unit an d was a suden event. Anyone else encounter this problem and correct ? Thankshttp://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/1poke.gif

mine was doing the same. just got done rebuilding it. the range fork pads were shot and so were the mode fork pads