Transgo Shift Kit

Stock Ram

Haulin' Grass
Transgo Shift kit for 48re. (Wait for the conclusion)

For the $65.00 I spent...........worth every penny.
Degree of difficulty is a different story.

The instructions are not worth the paper they are printed on. If you have no experience with a transmission or removing a valve body you are screwed. All the necessary parts are included and packaged together to make it easy but........ The instructions start with the valve body removed and in 3 pieces with no instruction on how to get there. If you have no idea on removing the vb, disconnecting from linkage or the kick down, you are in for a world of hurt.
Step one has you starting with the vb out and disassembled in front of you and ready to go. After that the directions are fairly straight forward and almost well exampled.

When you are done it is a different story. If you had trouble removing the vb than you are going to have problems putting it back.

I will say this..........It was worth every penny. When I finally had enough fluid in the tranny (at least 10 qts) and it was warmed up, the truck was screaming. I was using a diablo programmer running on the economy/performance setting (+100hp) and it was churping tires between 1st and 2nd. The shifts are much harder and more defined. I did not use the option to delay/prolong the shifts because I like the position they are shifting in now and felt no reason to delay or run higher rpms.

Worth the money!!! Still need to upgrade the t converter, but this is a start.

If anyone needs help or a push in the right direction with this let me know. I am no expert but I would be willing to share my experience with anyone that needs it.

With help from my neighbor (diesel mech) it took us about 5 hours to complete.

I agree 100% with you the instructions suck, but it was worth the aggrivation my truck runs great with the shift kit!

Mine seems to hunt some at slow speeds, definetly helps on slipage.

It helps with any slippage and you could probably tighten the bands (specs are out there). If you want to stop the gear hunt then you need to replace the solenoid switch in there. I should have done it at the time but like they say, hind sight is always 20/20.