Transmission help needed

Jordan Koehn

My truck is starting out in 2nd gear. When I put it in drive, it starts out in 2nd but shifts normally into 3rd and overdrive. There was a code, I can't remember the number but it said throttle valve actuator stuck. (TVA motor, I believe)*

I cleared out the code and took it for a test drive. The code didn't return but the problems still there. There's kind of a rattling noise, too, under the truck. And last night when I parked it you could hear it in the truck.

Anyway, I'm worried. I need this truck to run. Does anyone have any ideas? Please post them. I'm gonna be off CompD the rest of the day but will be back this evening. Thanks

Its actually skipping 2nd gear completely. 1st to 3rd.

The noise sounds like its coming from the torque converter but that's probably
irrelevant.

Here's some codes

Diagnostic Trouble Codes
P1754 "Transmission Throttle Valve Actuator Stuck" EPA ($11) "Engine controller"
P1755 "Transmission Throttle Valve Control Circuit" EPA ($11) "Engine controller"
P1754 "Transmission Throttle Valve Actuator Stuck" EPA Pending ($11) "Engine controller"
P0243 "Wastegate Pressure Control PWM" P ($11) "Engine controller"
P0483 "Cooling Fan Speed" P ($11) "Engine controller"
P0541 "Intake Air Heater Control Circuit 1 Low" P ($11) "Engine controller"
P1754 "Transmission Throttle Valve Actuator Stuck" MP ($11) "Engine controller"
P1755 "Transmission Throttle Valve Control Circuit" ($11) "Engine controller"

Seems obvious. But idk. Can you take apart the tv motor and unstick it?
Or does this mean its bad? If so,why?

I've seen a faulty TV motor cause that problem before of skipping second gear. Usually it takes a new motor to fix it buy you can try unbolting the motor from the side of the transmission and have the second person sit in truck with truck off, key on, and run the throttle pedal from idle to WOT and see if the TVmotor is moving freely back and forth, if it is try reinstalling making sure its not in a bind and try again. If it sticks again, replace TV motor.

Back before the PCS we had problems with my dads TV motor stripping out the little gears inside of it, we got the same code that said it was stuck. New TV motor is probably in order.

When my truck was starting out in 2ND it was a bad transducer, that was popped because of a short in the over drive and lock up wiring harness

Ours would start out in second if you didn't come to a complete stop. Sometimes it would eventually downshift to first if you stopped and cycled the transmission from drive to neutral and back to drive again. When it did start out in first it would wrap out first and bang second gear pretty hard. (stock transmission at the time)

Well, I don't know what fixed it but I messed around with all the trans wiring, I took off the TV motor and turned it by hand and turned the shafts in the trans as well. Then I left the key on for 30 seconds so the ecm would learn 0.

And one of those fixed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I could have fixed it without posting up, I guess. But I was worried sick and not thinking straight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2