Transmission Issue

zrultima

I have the truck in the sig I have a bit of an issue When I come to a complete stop while in traffic waiting for the light and then attempt to take off my truck takes a second or two to get moving forward. I have replaced the transmission pan no shavings were found and also replaced the filter but problem persist. While it doesn't happen all the time just at random times whether tranny is cold or hot. What do you guys suggest the truck does go into first gear also fluid level is correct

Are you sure its not taking off in 2nd until you apply throttle and its not downshifting when you come to a complete stop? Could have a sticking TV cable.

I do feel it downshifting and yes it starts in first. I dont believe a regular scanner can tell me the gov pressure. A stickibg tv cable can do that??

If you put the truck manually in first gear "L" on the column shifter, does it have the same problem?

No it does not that's how I know its going into first if I just use L it wont have that issue

If you put the shifter into 2 instead of D, does it have the same problem? When you take off with the shifter in 2, can you feel a 1-2 upshift around 10-20mph?

no it does not that I noticed this is just at random since it wont always do it its hard to diagnose. it started happening when I put DV in and went on my first few WOT runs. I checked the DV and there installed correctly so I don't know where to go from here.

Try tightening up the TV cable that controls the transmission. It's under the hood attached at the same place as the throttle cable, I suggest you remove (un snap) the end of the cable from the assembly so you can see how the adjuster works. Move the cable sheathing rearward in the adjust so that it removes some slack from the cable.

I suspect you're having a 1-2 downshift issue that's intermittent because the cable doesn't alway rest at the same tension when the throttle is slammed off vs casually driven.

Thanks Will I will take a look at it Wednesday and see if I can adjust it. Just a very random thing that happens so its hard to catch I thought I messed something up when I installed the dv because that when it started happening

You probably somehow bumped your TV cable when doing your DVs. It sounds like nothing but you starting in 2nd gear. Tighten that TV cable. Or drop the pan and tighten the TV screw.

No way im dropping that pan just put 9 quarts in lol but it is odd that the tv cable would suddenly do that. I gave her hell yesterday boosted launch at 15 psi didnt do it at all last night after that

So I decided to take my tranny up to a shop in Bushnell FL called Inline Performance they are certified Goerend tranny builders and hopefully Ill get the upgrades I need. I will be going with Triple TC billet input and intermediate shaft and all the other goodies. When I asked about the issue they said it could be electrical but wouldn't know till they open her up. I asked also about going with billet output shaft and they stated it would be necessary if I am 2wd

Yes I did it turned out one of the DV on Cylinder 1 had disintegrated causing a fueling issue had to have the whole pump replaced. While I was at it had a triple Disc converter put in