Transmission not starting in 1st gear?

goodyg92

diesel junky
my transmission doesnt start in first gear only every once in a while...is this a wiring problem or a vb problem or what? any input would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, Cody

the truck is in limp mode. most likely a governor pressure problem. you need to check all the wires inside the trans pan to make sure they are still good. then make sure you got 5 volts at pin 2 on the vehicle harness side of the vb connector. if you have 5volts it is probably a bad gov. press switch or solenoid. all the wires come with the gov. sensors. when you buy them new

i have had this concern before and it was a stuck shuttle valve in the valve body, but check your electrical first.

yeah this weekend im gonna go over the electrical cause i thats the last thing i wanna do is have to drop the pan and go through all that but idk i might have to so idk hopefully it aint expensive...

Gov solenoid and transducer is where i would look if all of the external things look good. It doesn't take long to fix, I just did it only to find that one of the wires for my BD rad came off :bang

How does your truck drive with the 66 and an auto? I have heard they will be lag pigs. Not trying to hijack.

Paul