Transmission Poll

Best tranny

• Total voters

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
Ok guys, Im gonna need a good tranny soon. Figured starting a poll might help me decide who to buy from. Whoever I do buy from, I will be buying their converter too just so you know. If there is another and/or better option out there, post up and let me know! Thanks!

John Wood? BD?? They all use suncoast clutches if i'm not mistaken. However I dont know anything.

You mean they all use Koleen and Alto products. But the John Wood uses Ford parts.

I know alto red eagles are sold to suncoast but i thought the 5R110 was suncoast specific. If you want alto clutches you gotta get them from suncoast... at least right now.

Mine is not on the list either, Goerends.
He is not just Dodge and GM.

Dunrite makes a heck of a product

Yeah let me tell you about dunrite... My buddy has an 05+ dodge and when he(tony i think is his name) built the VB.. he left one screw lower then the rest and the end results was 4-5 tranny rebuilds. However it took the 4th rebuild to take the truck to a qualified tranny shop and they told him what was going on once they looked at everything(they use some sort of marble table to mill the VB on and they set screw height with it for pressures(cause its perfectly flat). During the rebuild phases my buddy called dunrite and he(tony) said that it was NOT his VB your screwing something up... and it most certainly was his fault. On the flip side we built another tranny using his VB and its been nothing but perfect. However after this case i will not buy anything dunrite ever again.

I know alto red eagles are sold to suncoast but i thought the 5R110 was suncoast specific. If you want alto clutches you gotta get them from suncoast... at least right now.

Sorry buddy. I have a sleeve of everything and they didn't come from suncoast.

I have the solenoid test block so I can dyno my own solenoids and do what I want. I also have an extra clutch in the intermediate over the suncoast kit. And trans-go makes part of the kit. The other thing that the suncoast kits (both of them) don't come with is the major gasket kit. My trans kit is complete.

Does GoGo have a trans rebuild kit? Not that I need one because GoGo custom tunes my truck to perfection but when it does go I would be interested in one.

Do you have any pricing on this kit? Pm please.

We do have a kit. And we are working on adding a 6th clutch to overdrive. Which will add some extra bite to not only overdrive but and on the 1st to 2nd shift as well.

And a little update. We just might have an SFI spec'd bellhousing for the 5r110 by the end of the day.

I have a suncoast superduty rebuild w/ their converter and billet input shaft w/ zero problems. One of the best things thats been done to the truck.

I'm interested as well. I have a clunk sound on the 1-2 shift. not sure if its the rearend or tranny. but tranny would be fixed under warranty through my buddy at ford. he would just install your parts. I'm ready in the next few weeks or when you are! let me know

I have had my Sun Coast for a year now. It is incredible and reliable. I'm putting mid 500's down and everything is just fine. We are sled pulling now and the truck/tranny doesn't care.

I don't have any personal experience with anyone else's so I cannot way what is better or what to avoid, but I can say, "I LOVE MY SUN COAST."

when are they going to be available doug?

Trans kit is done. We were playing around with a few modifications today. I put a modded EPC solenoid into my stock trans to test some tuning. 250psi WOT shifts every gear. But since I don't have the pop off valve in the pump it will hit 375psi when stalling the converter at a standstill. Don't need a Co-Pilot to get 300psi. But then again you don't need 300psi anyways.

This is my new favorite machine:
Solx2000-webready-8-2-02.jpg