transmission troubles

olwhitey

well i got some free time today and started lookin at the truck and noticed that the transmission wouldnt turn. so i took the top plate off and wow. found ground off gears, metal peices everywhere, and a destroyed bearing. looks like that gears locked up and the clutch was actually jus the weak link and tore apart.
had some questions. the gear that chewed off or whatever, is that the gear on the input shaft? and how hard is it to put back in.
also, what parts does it look like im gonna need to replace it. and for all u guys that own businesses, go ahead and price me some parts on it. and if it needs a new input shaft, go ahead and price a 1 3/8 one.
thanks guys, i need all the input and help i can get.

Attachments

• clutch 010.jpg
    clutch 010.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 7
  • clutch 011.jpg
    clutch 011.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 8
  • clutch 012.jpg
    clutch 012.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 10
  • clutch 014.jpg
    clutch 014.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 6
  • clutch 013.jpg
    clutch 013.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 5
Looks like an input shaft is definitely needed. Usually the front bearing goes when you run it too low on fluid. When you rebuilt, be sure to add an extra .5 to .75 quarts of syntorq through the top to help ensure front bearing gets all the lube it needs.

Might as well replace all the synchros and bearings while you have it apart.

ill def be sure to add the syntorque. so u think that the fluid was low and the bearing got too hot and this happened? id like to know what u all think caused this as well so it dont happen again. not a fun couple weeks.

Back