Transmission

Smoky

I am getting ready to upgrade my trans and was wondering if i could get some feedback on which route is best. I've narrowed it down to ordering a complete goerend trans or ordering sun coast VB,TQ and heavy duty rebuild kit and having local trans shop rebuild.

I've had Great luck with mine from Coaltrain. I went with a Billet input, 3 disk billet converter, and racing valvebody. I've heard great things about Goerend to. I know you cant go wrong with them, But I spent a TON less than I would have if i went a different route.

It just depends on what your comfortable with. If you feel your local tranny shop can help you and know what they are doing, get a goerend convertor, VB, and have them rebuild it. Will they stand behind it? Goerend will.

As long as its "not used for sled pullin" they will stand behind the rebuild and install of parts. I figured either way it will cost close to the same amount

As long as its "not used for sled pullin" they will stand behind the rebuild and install of parts. I figured either way it will cost close to the same amount

I would suggest talking Goerend and get some feedback.

Is your trans a stock goerend or is it billet? How much power are you putting out?

I haven't even begun with my truck but i know were your comin from with not enough power. Thats gonna be the hardest part about buildin my truck.

Fill out your signature and let us know what your setup is and what you plan to do with your truck and a goal of what power level you want to end up at. Then hopfully you can do it right once and save money.

Brett

goerend

I chose the guy that gave me his cell number in case!
Goerend! Been dealing with him for a while and cant say enough about him! Who else is out there that will let u pull the convertor out and switch to a higher stall with out being sponsored by or talking with them on the phone for hours. Or will send you a convertor after you broke a input shaft only to find out it it didnt break where the input splines into the convertor and still tell you to put the new convertor in since your in there! Dave is the man!

All i got is Edge Comp, AFE Stage 2, ATS Arc Flow
Id like to stack a Smarty on the Comp, Step up to a SPS62, and run a 200hp inj. and probably more after i run that for a while then a little more after that

So your probably lookking around 500hp to the wheels. So you should go with a billet input, billet output along with the rest of upgraded goodies valve body and triple disc converter and maybe a billet flexplate.

Brett

Those 200hp injectors are probably going to be a bit much for an SPS62...

II says the SPS 62 will support up to 600 hp. I just don't want to run to big of turbo for my setup.

Sure it "says" that. You are looking at a warm 550 with a sps62 and good injectors.

Is there any other way to keep the egts down, besides going with a larger turbo?

i have a hogan intercooler and that helped my egts somewhat but only way to do it right is less fuel or more turbo...... 200hp injectors will murder that 62 just a matter of when.... ive done it... Twice....

So could i get by with a ps64 or should i just go with a 66? Would a phat shaft do or is a super phat the way to go? Im a little slow in the diesel world any help is great

Back