Transmissions??

RMyers_7

Just Another Hobby
My tranny finally went out and I am wondering what everyone has encountered with these 5R110's and who has a good unit. Thinking ATS, has anyone heard horror stories about warranty on these? How about a swap to a 6 speed???:rules:

suncoast seems to be the most popular, and NADP. I have a suncoast, but if i was to do it over again, i'd get the NADP. I wouldn't go with ATS, haven't heard much good from their 5R110 tranny's.

There are examples of trucks with anything from 400 hp, all the way up over 1000 hp running the NADP transmission with zero problems at all.

If anything would break, I'm sure it would have on Shawn's truck by now...

How about good options under $5,000??

well if that's the case, then you can just get suncoasts superduty rebuild kit and have someone install it. If you go that far i'd get a billet input and possibly the triple disc converter if you can afford it.

I could buy the Suncoast kit, their triple disk converter and their billet input shaft with a mag hytec pan for $3158.00

get ahold of Doug at GOGODIESEL he is a member here and knows the 6.0 better than anyone and can build you a trans, not sure how much but its worth giving him a shout he goes by PSDPLAYER on here

nadp is proven at least

True, haven't personally seen an elite trans go fast. I thought NADP used Suncoast parts?

well if that's the case, then you can just get suncoasts superduty rebuild kit and have someone install it. If you go that far i'd get a billet input and possibly the triple disc converter if you can afford it.

The Suncoast Superduty rebuild kit seems to work really great for the trucks we build.

I would like to say one thing about using a Suncoast converter. They will not give you parts for there converter if you have any problems with it. Example: We have a suncoast converter in the shop that was having problems we took it to Spec Rite Torque converters (which is where we get all of our converters) and they cut it open to see what was wrong. Found out it needed some new parts. When we called suncoast to get the parts they said it would need to be sent back to them because they don't sell parts. When they found out that it had been opened they said that they would not repair it. So we're stuck with a $1200.00 Piece of $hit. Needless to say it has a nice Spec Rite converter in it now with no problems. Shipping converters all around can get pretty spendy.

NADP uses Suncoast convertor, Don't mess with ATS lots of horror stories and they have a full time lawyer to take care of any complaints

True, haven't personally seen an elite trans go fast. I thought NADP used Suncoast parts?

The Suncoast Superduty rebuild kit seems to work really great for the trucks we build.

I would like to say one thing about using a Suncoast converter. They will not give you parts for there converter if you have any problems with it. Example: We have a suncoast converter in the shop that was having problems we took it to Spec Rite Torque converters (which is where we get all of our converters) and they cut it open to see what was wrong. Found out it needed some new parts. When we called suncoast to get the parts they said it would need to be sent back to them because they don't sell parts. When they found out that it had been opened they said that they would not repair it. So we're stuck with a $1200.00 Piece of $hit. Needless to say it has a nice Spec Rite converter in it now with no problems. Shipping converters all around can get pretty spendy.

This is good to know about the suncoast converters cause i was plannin on gettin one this spring....i'm still runnin the stock converter with my suncoast superduty rebuild kit. How much are the spec-rite converters and are they triple disc? How do well do they work....does it pull hard and fast?