triple CP3 ??

its around 4K , but its not in any way a street peice, it controls the engine only .

I always imagined something like an MSD to control injector pulse width, with a crank sensor for timing. It doesn't seem all that complicated in theory once you have eliminated the Cummins ecm.
I say in theory because thats all my little brain is good for:hehe:.

Kyle at Crank it up Diesel had three CP3s running on the shop truck last year.

So how much of hte dodge computer systems can be retained to control things like the speedometer, fuel gauge, abs, etc... or do you just get rid of that stuff and go with autometer replacements?

So how much of hte dodge computer systems can be retained to control things like the speedometer, fuel gauge, abs, etc... or do you just get rid of that stuff and go with autometer replacements?

just think its just like putting a p pump, nothing on the engine will interface with the truck.

well, yeah. that part I figured. But will the rest of the dodge electronics freak out with out an ECM?

Yes and no, it would be the same as a p-pumped 24 valve. I.E. you would always have a check engine light on, rewire APPS so trans will shift...it can be done just not plug and play.

2 is fine with good tuning, 3 is for making up for bad tuning
And I'm sure you know all the mods done to that truck to come to that conclusion. i.e. Injector size, programming, turbos, compression, RPM ect.... or is this just another internet ballpark fact?

I don't know Kyles rig nor do I care, he wants to run 3 pumps all power to him. I was bringing the topic back to 3 pumps, thread was going off on standalone ecms & what not. 3 pumps is one way to get lots of fuel but old mechanical technology of tons of fuel & air isn't good on a CR. The right tuning is the key to be able to use what you have. Single pumps with right tuning are making good power & the 3 top of the line Dmax engines are only using 2 pumps (over 1000hp)

using two can theoretic make enough fuel to 2000+ hp if the engine architecture allowed . I see the current problem is that most people are trying to run the combustion process in a CR like a P pump motor.

That is huge amounts of fuel, huge injectors, and multiple pumps to maintain the pressure needs to flow these injectors.

I believe that if you flood the combustion process with excess fuel, you absorb heat in the critical first few degrees ATDC. this and late cycle fuel, combined with fuel not oxidized, due to poor injection design; only add inefficient combustion when the piston has proceeded to a point when the combustion chamber is expanding so rapidly that it’s not contributing.

Curtis thoughts on the duel pumps were not so much huge amounts of fuel, but reliable fuel supply in a proper amount. The pumps are driven slower then stock, this allows the each pump to supply fuel with less stress and more reliability.

If you notice the Type D only has one pump and its public advertised output is 1250 hp. I have seen this on Project X diesel for the last three years, one Industrial injection stage II pump has maintained 27,000 + rail pressure at 940 + hp .

I believe in data acquisition, and installed an extensive system on X , its tells a different story then what the normal diesel gurus told me would happen. I beleive in running small efficient injectors and max out rail pressure, then manipulate fuel delivery thru pulse width.

Well enough on my pet peavey, fuel requirements of a CR diesel. The primary reason for the duel pumps is more that Curtis builds offshore Marine racing Duramax engines and these engines have to live for hours of full power (900+ hp) throttle manipulation. And if one pump will deliver 75 % of fuel requirements stock then 2 should deliver 150% hence at 75% speed you have just enough, and less load on the pump.

The smarty is just working within the confines of the stock ECM and whatever marco has been able to unlock. A stand alone system has no limits or boundaries.

Back