Triple Disc

I've seen the triple disc that Valair makes, it's a thing of beauty. If and when I kill my valair single disc, that's what I want. A friend of mine is running a valair triple and he says it feels like the clutch in a ricer, very smooth. Also I know that Valair's triple weighs something like 40 lbs less than their dual disc.

40lbs less than a dual disc? I'm thinking im gonna go with a triple disc ones my valair 3850 is done. And whats the difference between a weighted and non weighted clutch?

we have installed a non weighted triple in my buddys truck, gonna see how it does on sled pulling this weekend. I dont think the triple disc is 40 lbs lighter, the street triple is about 3-4 lbs lighter and the weighted triple is about the same as a DD. about 118 lb

40lbs less than a dual disc? I'm thinking im gonna go with a triple disc ones my valair 3850 is done. And whats the difference between a weighted and non weighted clutch?

A weighted clutch will grab harder the more rpms you turn. But since they are heavier, they slow down slower, making for a much slower shift. Haisley says you can't shift their weighted clutch over 2000 rpm.

hmm.... that doesnt sound good! however I dont think that I will be breaking my triple anytime soon. I am just a workstock truck this year and will be bumping up to 2.6. I have been comtemplating going with an auto next year also, just gotta see what kind of money I have this winter.

Workstock needing a triple disc? Id say maybe a driving lesson is in order. I know a guy that has 30+ plus hooks on a 3600 cb non sfi clutch from PowerParts Engineering in a 12v that consistantly dyno's 600-616 horse. Low 4th with 4.10 gears and a nv4500.

Tim

This clutch had nearly 40 hooks on it and I didnt like the feel of it so I decided to send it back while I had some time off. However this was my first year pulling a standard and I have worked out the kinks in my takeoff.:doh:

Does Kennys require a longer input shaft??? Or can I use a standard 1-3/8" input with it.
Brandon

Compared to a stocker, how does the Kenny's triple act? Things such as floater plate rattle, tranny rattle in nuetral at idle and super low rpm cruising, pedal stiffness, shuttering/jumping/bucking on take off?

Both me and my buddy had to change disc from ceramic to sintered iron,my triple has less floater rattle than my sprung sbc dd,pedal feels like my dads stock clutch,dependin on how long u sit in traffic with it clutched will determine how graby it is cause as the sintered iron heats up it works better around where I live I don't have a problem but I got a buddy that lives in knoxville and he said from time to time it would get grabby but for the most part not a problem,we kept havin clutch drag when u would clutch it,it was as if u never clutched it kenny said sintered iron disc stay true under heat and they are .015 thinner and last longer ,the tolerances are so close its ridecolus but I did tell kenny for future referce only sell offer sintered iron in a triple for less headache. Cause if u need a triple u need sintered iron. And no tranny rattle in neutral

If u wanna see that clutch in action look under video disscussion (long weekend)
I pulled 4th in the first video and 5th in the last one however the last one track was really bad could get on it till half track still got 317ft. Or go to youtube and type in. Lynnville unlimited one has the one that took the win there's 5th low

Both me and my buddy had to change disc from ceramic to sintered iron,my triple has less floater rattle than my sprung sbc dd,pedal feels like my dads stock clutch,dependin on how long u sit in traffic with it clutched will determine how graby it is cause as the sintered iron heats up it works better around where I live I don't have a problem but I got a buddy that lives in knoxville and he said from time to time it would get grabby but for the most part not a problem,we kept havin clutch drag when u would clutch it,it was as if u never clutched it kenny said sintered iron disc stay true under heat and they are .015 thinner and last longer ,the tolerances are so close its ridecolus but I did tell kenny for future referce only sell offer sintered iron in a triple for less headache. Cause if u need a triple u need sintered iron. And no tranny rattle in neutral

thats funny, both you and your buddy had clutch problems with kenny's triple and i see no bashing like you have to the other clutch companies.:doh:

thats funny, both you and your buddy had clutch problems with kenny's triple and i see no bashing like you have to the other clutch companies.:doh:

maybe cause it was the the first 3600lb plate load he built at least he made thing right with out chargin me! i aint payin $3500 for one clutch when i can buy 2 for the same price from kenny and u can even see kenny takes pride in his work

What kind of price is a kennys triple disc for an nv4500 do i need the longer shaft and spacer since i dnt have a six speed

I have installed several of Kennys clutches. They fit with standard 1 3/8 shafts and housings, no bellhousing spacers required. They shift great, and hold the power. If you need a shaft, he sells the shaft at a discount with the clutch.