Triple Dog GT Tuner????

bradleyb

Dropped 2fitty!
Wondering what y'alls opinions are on it? Seems to be a cool tuner for the money if you don't have any gauges to monitor parameters....I've got an 06' 6.0 and thinking about getting one....all i have done is a 4'' Magnaflow Turbo Back....Feedback would be appreciated! thanks

I would spend the money on gauges and a SCT tuner with custom tunes from Innovative Diesel or Elite Diesel. This is the route I am taking because you can tune both the transmission and engine with an SCT tuner.

I would spend the money on gauges and a SCT tuner with custom tunes from Innovative Diesel or Elite Diesel. This is the route I am taking because you can tune both the transmission and engine with an SCT tuner.

yeah i've got a buddy that has got an SCT custom tune in his 250 short bed 4x4 with only exhaust and he runs consistant 14.00's and high 13's! Eric definitely knows his ****....i was just thinkng about going with the gt tuner cause i didn't want to get crazy with it....My Mustang is my drag racer! :rockwoot:

Mine is going to be more of a tow rig than anything else until I get another truck so I am not going crazy with mine either.

yeah i've got a buddy that has got an SCT custom tune in his 250 short bed 4x4 with only exhaust and he runs consistant 14.00's and high 13's! Eric definitely knows his ****....i was just thinkng about going with the gt tuner cause i didn't want to get crazy with it....My Mustang is my drag racer! :rockwoot:

I would go with the SCT either way. I personally wouldn't get anything other than the SCT for the 6L. Just get some good street files for the SCT if you don't wanna go crazy. Bullydogs trans shifting isn't the greatest.

Thanks man, i'll look into it....Havent' decided what route yet, but without having gauges i might lean towards the GT tuner...i've heard that the GT tuner is second behind the SCT, as far as 6.0's go!?

Thanks man, i'll look into it....Havent' decided what route yet, but without having gauges i might lean towards the GT tuner...i've heard that the GT tuner is second behind the SCT, as far as 6.0's go!?

only thing is that the bully dog trans settings aren't the greatest. I had the triple dog a while back before the SCT and the trans shifting sucked. Maybe they changed it some IDK.

Search this forum, PSN, Org.... everyone will tell you that a custom tuned SCT is better. It is up to you to make a decision.

IMO, it is either a custom tuned SCT or leave it stock.