Trouble with AC in excursion swap

ok.. ya im nbot sure about that.. i would think it'd be possible in some situations. Mine has auto climate control so idk if that would be a deciding factor or not..??

I don't think it's low on 134a as it was just recharged.

Tach sensor maybe... I bought the tach sensor from ford cummins and it doesn't work very well. The tach bounces around all over the place. Yes the cam and crank sensors are ran together.

Your gap isnt right thats why your tach jumps all over. Had one do that to me regapped it and havn't had a problem since

Your gap isnt right thats why your tach jumps all over. Had one do that to me regapped it and havn't had a problem since

Do you remember what the gap is supposed to be. I need to gap mine and I forgot what it should be.

i had the same problem with my 03 excursion with 07 5.9 cr , in so cal i needed the a/c , its very simple ,run a wire from the cycling switches dont cut it just tap on it ,i got mine from the pcm at pin 41 its a tan with a light green tracer mine had a v10 ,wire a simple relay , this wire has power when the a/c switch is pressed on the controls or selected in a manual a/c ,mine is electronic , so this wire to pin 85 on the relay pin 86 to ground pin 37 to ground aswell and from pin 87 run a ground to pin 86 from the a/c clutch relay should be a pink with yellow .

your a/c should work as factory ,cycling is normal on these ,

Last edited:
Back