Truck/Auto Shipping

coon smile

I was not exactly sure where to post this, but I am looking for advise from anyone who has dealt with shipping vehicles long distances. It is a 2,300 mile trip (one-way), and from what I can tell, it seems like it is cheaper to have the truck shipped through a shipping company, rather than driving across country and back to pick it up myself.

With that said, has anyone dealt with this type of shipping, and which company did you use? I did a google search and called a couple of the companies to get quotes. I was quoted anywhere from $800-1500. I budgeted $1000, so I would like to keep it under that amount.

Thanks,

Kyle

i spent 900 having mine shipped about 2 years ago when fuel was crazy expensive

Has anyone ever used U-Ship? I guess it's a website where you post an ad. for whatever you need shipped, and the different shipping companies bid for your shipment.

$800 is cheap for the distance. From my past results on the east coast, it's $1/loaded mile.

$800 does sound cheap. When i had mine shipped from northern Illonois to south Georgia it cost me $500. Pretty close to a $1 per loaded mile.

Is the truck near a rail yard? I had my 67 lemans shipped from Cali state to pa and it cost me like 600 bucks. Been a few years though. It was delivered to a yard in Pittsburgh and I went and picked it up.

Is the truck near a rail yard? I had my 67 lemans shipped from Cali state to pa and it cost me like 600 bucks. Been a few years though. It was delivered to a yard in Pittsburgh and I went and picked it up.

I have no idea.

I hear ya!!

I just bought a truck in corpus cristi tx and it is like 1300 miles and the quotes I have got is around 1100-1200 for it and I am just rite up the road from u in eaton. The problem I am having is i say do it and then thay say we will see what we can do and so far I have not gotten any one to get it for me???? what company have u contacted??? justin

If its a fullsize truck most big car carriers can't fit them on their trailer so I'd say your going to be looking at around a $1-1.50 a mile. At least thats what we charge for fullsize vehicles like that. If it was a midsize sedan on the other hand you'd be looking at maybe .60-.70 cents a mile.

U-Ship is a good way to get it here cheap.... however, it can be sketchy depending on who gets low bid. Call me and i can give you more details

I was not exactly sure where to post this, but I am looking for advise from anyone who has dealt with shipping vehicles long distances. It is a 2,300 mile trip (one-way), and from what I can tell, it seems like it is cheaper to have the truck shipped through a shipping company, rather than driving across country and back to pick it up myself.

With that said, has anyone dealt with this type of shipping, and which company did you use? I did a google search and called a couple of the companies to get quotes. I was quoted anywhere from $800-1500. I budgeted $1000, so I would like to keep it under that amount.

Thanks,

Kyle

try http://www.bamaautomovers.com