Truck is shutting off !! HELP!!

JHDiesel

ok here is the story i got a 2004.5 lly and ever since i bought the truck it has had low fuel rail pressure issues. it only has a 100 horse diablo tune in it . since i have owned it i put an air dog 150 kit, an lbz cp3 pump (new from chevy with regulator), i rerouted the stock filter so it is not used, i put a ppe fuel relief valve in it, a new frp sensor, and drilled out my fuel rail fitting. i have done each of these things one at a time and i just drilled out my fuel rail fitting and the truck shuts off completely and stalls out half the time and the other half of the time it throws a p1093 code and wont go over 2000 rpms. i am out of options please help , thanks

does it do this with out the programmer i had bad luck with them mine would not even down load

Check your injector harness #2/#7 (bad wiring at the plugs). There is a do it yourself guide on another duramax site.

This is a common failure on our trucks around that year. Keep us informed on what you find.

Dix

well i talked to Guy at socal diesel and he thinks it may be a bad injector. and i just talked to another guy on diesel place and he said his did the same thing and it turned out to be an injector. im goin to try and get my hands on a tech 2 next week and see what the injectors are doin

Check your injector harness #2/#7 (bad wiring at the plugs). There is a do it yourself guide on another duramax site.

This is a common failure on our trucks around that year. Keep us informed on what you find.

Dix

I would definitely check this