Truck misses when cold

maybe you should call jody then and tell him about it maybe you need your pcm reflashed or chip reflashed.

Well I will be getting the truck scanned in a week or so and I will also call Jody afterwards. We'll see.

I have very similar conditions but mine is a 05 E350 6.0, I can drive the truck for hours and then every once in awhile it will sputter and white smoke out the exhaust. It seems to do it more often when im going down a grade coasting then when I ease back into the throttle it will act up but if I put it to the floor it clears right up. Everything is stock except k&n drop in air filter and straight piped exhaust. Oh and my truck has 91,000 miles on it.

I have very similar conditions but mine is a 05 E350 6.0, I can drive the truck for hours and then every once in awhile it will sputter and white smoke out the exhaust. It seems to do it more often when im going down a grade coasting then when I ease back into the throttle it will act up but if I put it to the floor it clears right up. Everything is stock except k&n drop in air filter and straight piped exhaust. Oh and my truck has 91,000 miles on it.

They say with the 6.0l's your supposed to drive them hard and put your foot in them every so often. Something to do with the EGR (wich you don't have since yours is an 05) but also to keep the soot from building up in the vaines of the VGT.

They say with the 6.0l's your supposed to drive them hard and put your foot in them every so often. Something to do with the EGR (wich you don't have since yours is an 05) but also to keep the soot from building up in the vaines of the VGT.

well It gets put to the floor enough to keep it cleaned out, You have to almost put it on the floor to get up the road :hehe: