truck only a year old

The one in the vid doesn't look destroyed. Looks in perfect working order to me. Patch the wiring, re-attach the exhaust, change the fluids, a high pressure washer, and badda boom badda bing, truck runs just fine.

oh, that's not the one w/ the fragged bottom end. I get those two vids mixed up.

how much do you think a dodge dealer would charge to do the fixes you're talking about? I'm guessing about $3000

HAHA. No. That's a different truck. The one with the fragged bottom end seems like a freak of nature truck.

Hell they charge over $2000 just to swap a VP pump. I don't even wanna know what they'd charge to change an air filter and reattach a wiring harness. You know they won't even come close to touching the exhaust. Oh, and I know people that'll trade a vehicle in for a new one vs. paying a repair bill. Even if they've got one payment left on the vehicle.

the barb wire and mud, beat up tail gate it could be a farmers truck but i dont think so with the 10 lb of mud in the air filter maybe a dirty one but not this bad would be a wonder if it would even start with that much mud, and the wireing harness tore all to hell just makes me think it is a kid. Dont forget the custom exhuast

My co-worker is that way, he just flat out don't care about his truck. I think the last time he washed his truck was well over a year ago, and it's an '07 Cummins. The side of the bed is dented up from backing down the side of a steel gate, the tailgate doesn't shut, rear bumper is bashed in, grill is busted.....he just doesn't care! As long as it runs and gets him around, that's all he cares about.

He's got an old piece of crap truck for his farmin, but yet he chooses to use his new Dodge.....some people are just weird I guess!:doh:

Looks like a farm/ranch/oil field truck to me... I've seen tractors and combines in worse shape than that and they cost a helluva log more than a pickup... some ppl just don't care about their things... it's a tool to get the job done... when it's all used up they'll go get a new one...

Could also be a truck that hired hands use...

Im gonna guess that this truck was used for an oil field truck as well. With it being from texas it was probably a oil field crew truck and they just beat the hell out of it since there boss probably has millions of dollar!!

I've been in the oilfield for a little while, and I've never seen a ragged out hunk of **** like that that's only 1yr old. Yeah some of the old boom trucks are kinda ragged out, but not THAT bad...

meanwhile the only two times I've seen anything similar to this were a kid that bought a brand new mustang with cash after an accident settlement...

the car spent more time sitting than it did driving because it was always broken and he never had the money to fix it!!!

the other time I was at the Ford dealership that my buddy worked at, and there was a powerstroke in there for whatever reason. This thing was maybe a year or two old and it looked like hammered dog ****... body was all banged up, paint scratched, bunch of junk in the bed including a bunch of empties and 12pk boxes, dried muddy water EVERYWHERE... the air filter looked like a damn ACME brick it was so caked and crusty

this one actually had an exhaust system on it though

I asked my buddy about the powerstroke, and he said it was some little rich kid's truck

i'm with forrest,
NONE of our oil field trucks look anything like that.
absolutely none!
i have never (in my career) seen an oilfield truck looking like that.
hell none of ours even have dents in them, only a couple of tears in the driver seats on a few and cig burns in the roof that's it.

i'm thinking this is just some punk kidd!

I think its a toss up. Could be a young kid/guy with money who mommy and daddy will fix it or buy a new one so he doesnt care. Or could be a farm truck. But judging by the spool of barb wire in the bed and the 5 gallon buckets, Im guessing farm truck

Well by no means am i spoiled or rich! But have made a few mistakes! I recentley (8 months ago) But a brandnew 2006 dodge in 6 foot of water! Flooded out the motor and the insurance company just decided that it was a total loss! I did this trying to get to my buddies duck club along the mississippi river! At this time it was flooding around here and his road had about a foot and half of water over it! I thought the water was getting deeper so i decided to turn around! When i did i miss calculated where the road was at and the front end slid down into a 6ft ditch! Sometimes mistakes happen! Im just glad that i had gap insurance because there was a $10,000 difference between the payoff and what i owed!