Truck won't start

jwfrauts

I just installed my new flashed FICM from Innovative last night and the truck ran awesome last night and on the way to work. I got in it and went to lunch and ran great and started ok. When I got in it to come back to work all it would do is spin over and not crank. I checked all of the connections and don't think it is the FICM. It has been kind of hard to start for awhile and I was getting #4 and #6 injectors misfire and then #5 and #7. So I figure it is a HPOP or leak. I can get it to start with either and it runs fine after starting it but if you kill it and let it stand for a couple of minutes it will not start without either. I just dropped it off at the dealer so hopefully they get it fixed pretty quickly because I am leaving next Thursday for Vegas and then Colorado. (about 3300 mile trip.) So I don't want any problems.

I just installed my new flashed FICM from Innovative last night and the truck ran awesome last night and on the way to work. I got in it and went to lunch and ran great and started ok. When I got in it to come back to work all it would do is spin over and not crank. I checked all of the connections and don't think it is the FICM. It has been kind of hard to start for awhile and I was getting #4 and #6 injectors misfire and then #5 and #7. So I figure it is a HPOP or leak. I can get it to start with either and it runs fine after starting it but if you kill it and let it stand for a couple of minutes it will not start without either. I just dropped it off at the dealer so hopefully they get it fixed pretty quickly because I am leaving next Thursday for Vegas and then Colorado. (about 3300 mile trip.) So I don't want any problems.

Though no one here cared to respond to my previous plight for any advice/help for the same problem I had recently, I will tell you it probably is the HPOP STC (Snap To Connect) fitting that failed. The connector is kinda like an air hose connector, with an internal o-ring, that after awhile, most likely due to vibration, will blow out and leak high pressure engine oil going to branch tube block/manifold and consequently, not enough High oil pressure to the injector rails at cranking speed to fire off the injectors. This is an internal leak, so you wont see any oil leaking out of the engine.

VERY common problem with 05-06 6.0's. The replacement HPOP connector is a much better design. No big deal and your dealer should fix it pretty quick.

:Cheer:
Lenny

Well I got the call today and it was a blown o-ring in the high pressure oil system and the icp sensor leaking. The replaced both and it was idling rough so they were going to change the oil rails and check valve in the system. I should pick it up tomorrow morning. I am leaving from the dealer and loading it down. I am driving straight to Vegas after picking it up which is about 1600miles so I will let you know how it does.