Truck wont turn over sometimes!!

georgboy

I did a search on the clutch position sensor and turned up nothing so I figured I would start this thread. My truck is a 6 spd and sometimes when I get in and press the clutch in and turn the key it does nothing at all. I believe it is something to do with the clutch position sensor ( clutch pedal) because when I let out on the clutch and press it in again it will fire up no problem. The truck does not do it all the time, but I want to get it fixed before it goes out and leaves me stranded. Has anyone else ran into this? What does the pedal sensor look lke? I will try an get some photos of the setup and maybe someone can tell me something.Thanks guys.

yep mine did it here and there, the sensor is on its way out, better just to replace it, its up high on the clutch pedal inside the cab almost looks like a typical brake light switch. i have yet to replace mine as i am building a engine.

if it does give you any trouble where your stranded you can jump wire it and it will start

I have had mine do something similar a time or two. I adjusted the clutch pedal out some and I have not had a problem with it in a while.

jeremy's truck 2.jpgI just wanted to know if this is the part I need to replace? There is a wire running from the hydraulics to the green part I have my finger on. Is this the clutch position sensor?

Typical following an aftermarket clutch install, though it can take quite a while to manifest a no-start issue.

Adjust the clutch safety switch to make/break further away from the floor.

mine started it right after the dual disk was installed. Have yet to adjusted it but should I guess.

mine started it right after the dual disk was installed. Have yet to adjusted it but should I guess.
Check your starter bolts also. Mine was doing the same thing and it just wasn't getting a good ground because it was loose. Might be your problem since you just installed a clutch.

A friend was standing beside my truck and when I went to start it he said it shot sparks, was from the loose starter bolts. Been fine ever since.

Well checked with the parts store to see if I they could get the clutch/start sensor and they cannot get it! Dodge has not let loose of the patent number on it. It's one of those pieces that when it goes your stranded and that means if you have to get it at a dodge dealer then they can screw you on the price! I called the dealer actually two of the up here in Greenville,sc and they want $344.xx I asked the guy you have to be kidding me he say no! Lol does anyone know where I can get one much cheaper?

Just wire a toggle switch in the circuit instead... makes a handy anti-theft device, too.

Well checked with the parts store to see if I they could get the clutch/start sensor and they cannot get it! Dodge has not let loose of the patent number on it. It's one of those pieces that when it goes your stranded and that means if you have to get it at a dodge dealer then they can screw you on the price! I called the dealer actually two of the up here in Greenville,sc and they want $344.xx I asked the guy you have to be kidding me he say no! Lol does anyone know where I can get one much cheaper?
Are you sure that's what it actually is? I'd bypass it for a while (just connect the 2 wires together or add a switch like XLR8R said) to make sure that's the issue. You can buy the entire clutch master/slave cyl assembly for a lot less than that and it comes with a new switch. I had an extra switch here for a while but I have no idea where it's at now. No way it's even remotely worth $344.00 (more like $3.44).

Yeah it's just an on/off switch. You don't need it at all. And go to a junk yard any 94and up switch will work. I got one I'll mail ya for $20 if you'd like. It's off my 06.