Truckfest updates ?

bbunting said:
FYI-Bigr busted his torque converter again......so the trap speed once he got rolling was impressive considering the truck couldn't slip the converter more than 1500 RPM-verified by John Wood himself. Funny that he drove his truck most of the way from CA, and was driving it home Sunday afternoon....

BlownBy's WOP motor was making good power for sure. Once he adds NOS it will be 11's all day-but it doesn't weigh 7500 lbs FYI-its a reg cab 4x4.

McRat was hauling the mail for sure-nice work Pat.

Lot of Cumaparts did just that....
isnt this the second Major event in a row Mike has broken the converter? Last year Houston and now Bandamier. I would be calling BTS to see if he does the same to the PI converter.......Just a thought. I think John builds a great tranny as does Brian, the only MAJOR difference could be the converter.$.02

Powerstroke Racer said:
T
WOP is running low 12's a far cry from 11.12:poke:

You generally try to run low 12's in QD there Dave LOL

Timbeaux38 said:
You generally try to run low 12's in QD there Dave LOL

I think a better point is that WOP's truck actually runs......but they are smart enough not to break out like .......

Why would you take a Prostreet truck and run in quick diesel?
Wouldn't that be the same as taking an athlete that competes in the Olympics and have him run in the special Olympics just so he has a chance at winning:pop:

we had a great time at the event this year, i didn't think it could get any bigger, but it did as we were parked all the way at the end of the track by the exit. we had issues all weekend but ended up running a 10.4 with no converter lockup just before the end of sunday. had a great time seeing everyone again.

Powerstroke Racer said:
Why would you take a Prostreet truck and run in quick diesel?
Wouldn't that be the same as taking an athlete that competes in the Olympics and have him run in the special Olympics just so he has a chance at winning:pop:

Hey man, whatever you say if it makes you feel better and allows you to keep "Wizard" status. LOL

smittybuilt said:
we had a great time at the event this year, i didn't think it could get any bigger, but it did as we were parked all the way at the end of the track by the exit. we had issues all weekend but ended up running a 10.4 with no converter lockup just before the end of sunday. had a great time seeing everyone again.

10.4 is kickass without lockup man. I cant wait to see you guys run again.

Timbeaux38 said:
Hey man, whatever you say if it makes you feel better and allows you to keep "Wizard" status. LOL

Wizzer seems more appropriate........LOL

Uh oh, I see this one going down hill quick. Might have to settle it with another golf cart death match in Houston. LOL We get the airbags this time. LOL

Here's a link to the results:

http://www.atsdiesel.com/ATSWebsite/Truckfest-07.asp

Thanks to everyone who came out and competed in the heat. I think it was hotter than I have ever remembered.
The sled pulls went well for a first time pull at Bandimere. The track was not the greatest, but everyone pulled together to make it work. The DHRA guys are great to work with and it all flowed well once it got started. Brad Ingram's truck is amazing and I thought it was really cool of him to come all the way to Colorado to put on a show. Nice people.

I did not get to see any racing on Sunday due to working the pulls, but did see McRat run on Saturday. That was pretty cool. I sat with Michael and John and the McSwain kids while Casper was running. What a hoot. Missed meeting Pat and Kat though, as the rain storm came in and we were all running for cover with Richard Madsen. Hopefully next year I can catch you two.
The dragsters were fun to watch, as usual.

ShayB
Colorado Power Stroke Club

Last edited:
This was my first DHRA event, as well as my first large event at a Speedway.

I couldn't begin to describe how I felt while there. Driving in to the track, I got goosebumps and they pretty much just stayed all weekend!

Driving under the tower and on to the drag strip was a moment I can't explain. I liked racing much more then I thought I would! Even though I'm slow and ran 15.7's, which is strange because that's what I ran down at "normal" elevation on my first time racing lol, so I musta been driving like I was headed to the grocery store.

Sled pulling, as usual was awesome! There did seem to be a bit of a space issues there and attempting to maneuver trucks was interesting, but it all worked out. The DHRA guys are awesome! It was great meeting Gene, Dunbar, Dieter, and McBride! I had a blast hanging out with all of you. You all made me feel very comfortable and at home.

It was also a great time meeting the NADP crew, the guys from Industrial and John Robinson, you sport that Cummins tattoo like no other could pull off!

Seeing the dragsters was incredible and so many other trucks out there that are putting out huge power, was just awesome.

I will definitely be coming back and looking forward to my next event.

I could not have gone and competed and had such an awesome, safe, successful trip without the help of DirtyBlonde. Thank you girl! I saw more guys shake in their boots while standing in your presence lmao. It was great!

p.s. MEMO- Don't ever stay at the Jade Lodge in Rawlins. Just take my word for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone wasn't sure how that tattoo and pink visor look on John... it's about like this.

DSC05009.jpg

It takes a real man to wear a pink hat! You have to be able to fight your way out of a redneck bar & live to tell about it!!

I just can't get over the 'Registered Trademark' circle on the tat lmao.

Quite the event. It was nice to see everybody!

....And fancy that...Ol Project X was there, too. Neat lookin' ride in person.

Retorical said:
once you go yach you don't go back, eh dirty blonde

I'm shocked it took THIS long to squeak that in.

Personally, I think the Yak series turbo would be a hit for Industrial.

Nate, Angela how did you West Coast ladies do in the pulls ?

Congrates to all who placed.

BBD