TS chip causing lose???

ATTABOY

Bought a 03 Excursion with a 7.3, just put 6 pos TS chip on and it was throwing a 1211 code if I ran wot to long at highest setting, no big deal at first but now if I don't clear the code right away it loses power and wants to die, do I need to do something about the HPOP now or is there an easier fix? What is the best setup for the HPOP anyway incase I find the money? why would that code try to shut me down?

Make sure the connections are free of the glue, and that it hasnt wiggled loose. Grab some heavy duty tape to put over it as well if you pull it.

a 1211 code is ICP above or below desired reading for more than 7 seconds. a good tuner can remedy that...

If it's not a poor connection between the chip and the ecm then I would suspect the HPOP, IPR, ICP or any combination of the three.

The chip is good and tight, contacts good!! So you think I should get an ICP sensor? Good tuner as in who/what?? You don't think I'm just lacking in the HPOP area?

If it's not a poor connection between the chip and the ecm then I would suspect the HPOP, IPR, ICP or any combination of the three.

Any way to trouble shoot and figure out either parts?

Why is it cutting off motor until I clear the code? To me it seems like a sensor more than a mechanical failure.

Throwing a 1211 code under hard acceleration with a chip and not clearing the code will not cause the engine to die. Something else is wrong.

Pull the chip and try to duplicate the problem. If you can't, then it's either with the chip (contacts), or the tuning. Don't start blindly throwing money at parts yet.

Unplug the ICP sensor and see if it acts any different. Go from there.

I would lean towards the tuning. Are they basic tunes from TS or "custom" tuning from a shop or vendor? If the connection between the chip and ecm is bad normally the truck wont run.

sent from somewhere in the country

So I figured out what was going on, i have a wireless OBD2 cable and do scans with REV on my phone, every time I logged in on REV my truck would go into limp mode then eventually cut out. Weird huh? I threw that cable away, have not had a problem since