Ts Mp-8???

I gave up on the MPG thing a few months after I got it, because I reailzed it just wasn't worth chasing, I didn't buy it for MPG's, I bought it to beat up on ricers.[/QUOTE]

im only doing the mpg's until the warranty is up, after that its no holds barred:evil:rockwoot:

You read some bad info on that one. Bigger injectors use more fuel(kinda the point), I lost around 4 mpg with every combo that has been on my personal truck.

Then work on the right foot control. With bigger stick you CAN get better mileage, but you have to be nice to it.

You read some bad info on that one. Bigger injectors use more fuel(kinda the point), I lost around 4 mpg with every combo that has been on my personal truck.

Hmm interesting. I always thought this made more sense...

From what I have read, if you drive like an old lady, it was easier to get more mileage out of the larger sticks...

I rarely get worse mileage out of my 190cc sticks than I did with stock ones. I mainly only get worse mileage if I did a lot of racing or a ton of hot-rodding around town. Otherwise I get the same or a little better.

I rarely get worse mileage out of my 190cc sticks than I did with stock ones. I mainly only get worse mileage if I did a lot of racing or a ton of hot-rodding around town. Otherwise I get the same or a little better.

B.S.. Call your tuner or take a poll. Your bigger injectors put more fuel in everytime so how do you think it is better(unless there was an issue with your stockers), and if you can grasp this, put your stockers in and record your mileage for a month, then do the same with 190's, and if there is not 3-5 mpg less I will eat my hat. I can't believe this is even a discussion, it is an easy concept to grasp, why do we have to upgrade pumps etc. to supply more fuel for bigger injectors if they use less fuel for our aerodynamic as barn door trucks.

since i put my 190's in my milage has never dropped. At times it is just a hair better tho with the same driving habits as before. I've talked to injector builders and some injectors with net you a little bit better milage as long as the nozzles are appropiatly sized and spray good for great atomization.

B.S.. Call your tuner or take a poll. Your bigger injectors put more fuel in everytime so how do you think it is better(unless there was an issue with your stockers), and if you can grasp this, put your stockers in and record your mileage for a month, then do the same with 190's, and if there is not 3-5 mpg less I will eat my hat. I can't believe this is even a discussion, it is an easy concept to grasp, why do we have to upgrade pumps etc. to supply more fuel for bigger injectors if they use less fuel for our aerodynamic as barn door trucks.

ROFL!

Programers use more fuel so I guess they don't increase MPG either? It sounds to me like you don't know how to drive your truck to increase the MPG and want something to blame.

There have been many people report an increase in fuel mileage with the addition of larger CC injectors. Hell ask Guntersx, he's hitting 20MPG with sticks and 37's

My tuner (innovative) was the one who was posting higher MPG's with larger sticks and turbo. Their shop truck was getting close to 24mpg IIRC. Not trying to argue, I get the concept and it definitely makes more sense to get less mileage to me, but I'm just going off of what I have read and heard here and there.

my soon to be wife just let me buy an 06 crew cab f250, now im just building it for the most mpgs possible atleast until the warranty goes up, any ideas? only thing done is 4in exhaust and accufab intake elbow

ROTFLMAO
Am I the only one that caught that above. Damn Dude, she's already got you trained before you even get married LOL

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

And you think that I didn't record my mileage before the bigger injectors? I DID!!! I also recorded mileage after the bigger injectors, and guess what....
MY PREVIOUS POST THAT YOU QUOTED IS CORRECT!!!!! Otherwise I would not have said it!!! The mileage is the same, sometimes a little better, unless (as I said before) I have been constantly laying into it hot-rodding all over everywhere or a trip to the drag strip.

I can't believe it's even a discussion either, a number of us have posted up the facts of our experiences and yet you're still too bull-headed to get it. If you were loosing so much mileage with every comnbination, you must have some other underlying problem or not have the throttle control to net the same mileage(which isn't very hard, just resist the urge to black out everything you see).

Strictly city driving before injectors: 300-325 Miles
Strictly city driving AFTER injectors: 300-325 Miles (except when constantly hot-rodding, then it's 270-300)

Fill-ups always right around 25-26 gallons

Proof enough for ya?
It's not a thing of more or less fuel running thru the injectors. It comes down to less time holding the pedal down

ROFL!

Programers use more fuel so I guess they don't increase MPG either? It sounds to me like you don't know how to drive your truck to increase the MPG and want something to blame.

There have been many people report an increase in fuel mileage with the addition of larger CC injectors. Hell ask Guntersx, he's hitting 20MPG with sticks and 37's

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

And you think that I didn't record my mileage before the bigger injectors? I DID!!! I also recorded mileage after the bigger injectors, and guess what....
MY PREVIOUS POST THAT YOU QUOTED IS CORRECT!!!!! Otherwise I would not have said it!!! The mileage is the same, sometimes a little better, unless (as I said before) I have been constantly laying into it hot-rodding all over everywhere or a trip to the drag strip.

I can't believe it's even a discussion either, a number of us have posted up the facts of our experiences and yet you're still too bull-headed to get it. If you were loosing so much mileage with every comnbination, you must have some other underlying problem or not have the throttle control to net the same mileage(which isn't very hard, just resist the urge to black out everything you see).

Strictly city driving before injectors: 300-325 Miles
Strictly city driving AFTER injectors: 300-325 Miles (except when constantly hot-rodding, then it's 270-300)

Fill-ups always right around 25-26 gallons

Proof enough for ya?
It's not a thing of more or less fuel running thru the injectors. It comes down to less time holding the pedal down

Pain Train - You do not have bigger injectors, so your second hand info is worthless. I was not complaining about my mileage at all, I drive a 530+hp truck everyday that gets 15mpg, that's pretty cool to me, do you? 225's and 37's 20mpg = not, I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have owned and modded every year 6.0 except 07, and I have broke 20 mpg's with tranny and egr off tune, never with anything else.

StrokerDude - You were probably in diapers when I had my first 6.0 injectors, and the statement was that injectors yield you better mpg's, which your info says no improvement. Betcha ya got different size tires in the same time period also, huh? LIKE I SAID, TAKE A POLL IF YOU DOUBT ME(Geez, the only person backing you up is using second hand info, wonder why?). Or call Jefferson State Diesel and they will tell you how much better their mileage is.

Mdub - Eric writes tunes for me also, and there is a sustantial difference between being able to tweak and live tune a truck to perfection as opposed to email tunes.

One more time - If your injectors put more fuel in for every injection event(bigger ones do), and it takes the same rpm's per mile, then your mileage will not be better.

StrokerDude - You were probably in diapers when I had my first 6.0 injectors, and the statement was that injectors yield you better mpg's, which your info says no improvement. Betcha ya got different size tires in the same time period also, huh? LIKE I SAID, TAKE A POLL IF YOU DOUBT ME(Geez, the only person backing you up is using second hand info, wonder why?). Or call Jefferson State Diesel and they will tell you how much better their mileage is.

One more time - If your injectors put more fuel in for every injection event(bigger ones do), and it takes the same rpm's per mile, then your mileage will not be better.

You're hopeless, apparently there is no sense in trying to talk you into the truth. I got my bigger tires before I ever did even my first mod to the truck. So tire difference is inadmissable on this. You're right that my info does not show improvement, most of the time it is the same... I had said previously that it is SOMETIMES even better! And about call Jefferson State to ask them, I know exactly what Jeremy is running and the kind of mileage he is getting, pretty sure I know a whole lot more about them than you do, his truck is very very much different from mine.

Bigger injectors put in more fuel than stock one IF/WHEN it is being asked for. If stock injectors put out xx amount of fuel per injection to maintain a 70MPH cruising speed and the bigger ones were to put in more fuel under same condition (say xx + 10%) then your truck would be accelarating instead of cruising. No matter the size of injectors (Unless your turbo won't spool) the fuel usage would be the same to maintain cruising speed. This DOES NOT account for any difference in tire size, and that really doesn't matter to what I am saying.

And as far as there not being anybody backing the same thing as what I am, did you miss this posts in this very thread, doesn't looksecond hand to me either??? (See below) thats just in this one short thread. Do a search and you will probably find more. OR wander over to the DieselGarage and check out all the posts over there about people's experiences with bigger injectors and mileage. Countless people over there posting the same info as I am backing.

And as far as your statement about being in diapers when you got your first 6.0 injectors.... IDIOT!!! Is about all I can say to that. You think I'm some 16 year old kid drivin daddy's truck? Hell NO. Actually the 6.0 hasn't even been out as long as I've been out of school. And every vehicle I've owned (which is over 10), I have bought and paid for myself. I work hard for all that I have.

I guess it never fails that one persons own experience, in his own mind completely negates what many many other people have proven:nail:

getting about tired though of the *bdh**bdh**bdh*

since i put my 190's in my milage has never dropped. At times it is just a hair better tho with the same driving habits as before. I've talked to injector builders and some injectors with net you a little bit better milage as long as the nozzles are appropiatly sized and spray good for great atomization.

better mileage with bigger internal capacity and little assed nozzles that some inj. builders are using maybe but my 225's were lucky to see 12mpg. 14-16 stock but i have the 4.30 gears.

Back