TTS and BD go 628hp!

moss

eager to start pulling
at danville performance, my truck made 628 and 1264tq. and to top that off, i was tops in the class they put me in and i won and aroura 5000 turbo kit from ats! thanks guys thats awsome:woohoo:

stock motor besides the turbo

Sweet! Congrats man!! I guess it's BIGGER air for you! When's it going on?

brnadon.

its been a little while since i was on. theres a few questions i need to answer. questions being answered in no particular order, coming from several different threads

my air filter was taken out before my truck was on the dyno(dirty filter). first run was with the factory bd waste gate setting, this run had a shift toward the end, shift into 5th gear. next run was with no change execpt for disconnecting the waste gate, juice grips(the only way to make a bd run). i had realized that i forgot to turn my odlo on. the 2nd run was made with no shifts. 3rd run, same as second but turned the duramaximizer up. this was the biggest hp run of them all. this last run did NOT have a shift on it. all runs were in 4th with efi used to lock the gear, and i have video of the first and second runs of mine.

the fuel that was in my truck should of been #2 and not #1. after talking to a few fuel buddies, they werent hauling winter fuel at that time. my last fill up was 12/31/06. they have bio diesel, but dont know the %. i did as to gallons of used oil and the normal dosage of some stanadyne(blue bottle)

i had my orginal tcm in the truck that bobo has molested which is an 02. on sunday for the ride back home, i swicthed to the 01 tcm that i picked up just for racing.

as far as bob tuning, there has only been one local bobo tuned truck that has beat me. that means i have beat a lot of bobo tuned trucks! but i am sure that if i had steve tune my truck personally it would have been much, much closer.

tony the tuner didnt want to log my truck, but he was very eager to see the logs, especially over 3000rpm. as far as i am aware of, he didnt. maybe the 2 tonys got mixed up(as to which tony did what) as for not starting, that was a "term" used to describe how much work has been done. i am sure nothing would have been sent out that would "not start"

Last edited:
right now my truck is sitting with out a turbo, just waiting right now

Howling said:
You going to yank the trans to do the install?
I thought that was mandatory for an aftermarket 'charger on the dmax? If not, school me!

brandon.

Congrats Moss :woohoo:

joefarmer said:
I thought that was mandatory for an aftermarket 'charger on the dmax? If not, school me!

brandon.

I can't speak for the LB7. Casper is an LLY, and has had 14 chargers swaps and Pat hasn't pulled the trans yet.

joefarmer said:

brandon.

No way. Too much work without a lift.:shake:

Thanks Kat, Bobo-

Then there will be a hybrid turbo on a local LB7 in the *nearer* future then...

brandon.

Congrats Jeromy,

Sweet on winning the new charger. Only thing I ever recieved was a pat on the back and a reciept for the dyno run:hehe:

11's here you come:rockwoot:

628...hmmm...why did I hear 583 the other day from my buddy? Either # is kinda fat for that setup. You didn't happen to put that duel fuelers on did you? Looking back BMDMAX made 622.9 HP and 1194.7 TQ KD Race, BD Turbo & Dual CP3 That was SAE corrected. Actual was 614.6 HP and 1178.8 TQ. Something smells funny here.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Let's keep this about moss's dyno numbers and truck. If you want to argue about things such as who tuned what, who wanted to look at logs, etc take that conversation to the private messages please.

Thank you

--Scott

moss said:
its been a little while since i was on. theres a few questions i need to answer. questions being answered in no particular order, coming from several different threads

my air filter was taken out before my truck was on the dyno(dirty filter). first run was with the factory bd waste gate setting, this run had a shift toward the end, shift into 5th gear. next run was with no change execpt for disconnecting the waste gate, juice grips(the only way to make a bd run). i had realized that i forgot to turn my odlo on. the 2nd run was made with no shifts. 3rd run, same as second but turned the duramaximizer up. this was the biggest hp run of them all. this last run did NOT have a shift on it. all runs were in 4th with efi used to lock the gear, and i have video of the first and second runs of mine.

the fuel that was in my truck should of been #2 and not #1. after talking to a few fuel buddies, they werent hauling winter fuel at that time. my last fill up was 12/31/06. they have bio diesel, but dont know the %. i did as to gallons of used oil and the normal dosage of some stanadyne(blue bottle)

i had my orginal tcm in the truck that bobo has molested which is an 02. on sunday for the ride back home, i swicthed to the 01 tcm that i picked up just for racing.

as far as bob tuning, there has only been one local bobo tuned truck that has beat me. that means i have beat a lot of bobo tuned trucks! but i am sure that if i had steve tune my truck personally it would have been much, much closer.

tony the tuner didnt want to log my truck, but he was very eager to see the logs, especially over 3000rpm. as far as i am aware of, he didnt. maybe the 2 tonys got mixed up(as to which tony did what) as for not starting, that was a "term" used to describe how much work has been done. i am sure nothing would have been sent out that would "not start"

Congrats! :rockwoot:

One of the "dirty little secrets" about tuning is that a Dmaximizer is often used when looking for big power. While some folk claim it does nothing, you'd be surprised how many LB7 trucks are running one and not mentioning it.

Even if the CP3 is tapped out on flow, getting the fuel in at a higher pressure will make more power even with the same mm3 of fuel being delivered.

so it wasn't done on just an extreme tune and a turbo as touted...hmmm... isn't the duramaximizer sort of a tuning tool (for rail pressure).

could the truck have run that number on the extreme and turbo alone?

I'm just trying to figure what all the fuss is about...

McRat said:
Congrats! :rockwoot:

Even if the CP3 is tapped out on flow, getting the fuel in at a higher pressure will make more power even with the same mm3 of fuel being delivered.
Hey Pat, does the dmaximizer fool the cp3 regulator? Basically changing the voltage that it sees? Does it work for the LLY, LBZ also?

Thanks,
Rob

IdahoRob said:
Hey Pat, does the dmaximizer fool the cp3 regulator? Basically changing the voltage that it sees? Does it work for the LLY, LBZ also?

Thanks,
Rob

IIRC the Duramaximizer will work on the LB7's 2001/2002 and a different one for 2003/2004's, they also offer one for LLY's, not sure if they offer one for LBZ's yet.

I believe it does fool the regulator.