Tuned Ficm installed , now ICP codes

snowbound

Put my Ficm back in after 5 weeks ( shipping to and from CANADA ) drove it for 1/2 hour around town. Seemed ok. Next day fired it up and got CEL and the ICP code. Could it be the new tunes +ficm tuning or do I just replace the sensor and pigtail ?

Talk to the programmer. It may be normal it may not. They are the ones that will know best.

Innovative and supposed to be moderate. Seems to have better bottom "snap" but I am noticing a miss probably caused by the ICP. Haven't really driven it enough yet.

ICP code isn't normal, that's an ICP sensor issue or wiring issue most likely. I doubt it's related to the FICM programming. Make sure all plugs are tight and replace the sensor if you keep getting the code.

Can someone explain to me what tuning your FICM does? All I know is that it has something to do with fueling.

I do hear about them breaking/needing to be replaced a lot though.

I'm in the process of aquiring a new ICP sensor and pigtail. I did notice the middle "lock" on the ficm plugs was broke off. Should I zip tie it in. I'll let someone with more knowledge explain FICM programming.

After clearing code its back after a couple minutes of driving. Parts are coming.

Can someone explain to me what tuning your FICM does? All I know is that it has something to do with fueling.

I do hear about them breaking/needing to be replaced a lot though.

FICM

Fuel
Injection
Control
Module

Basically, it controls the injectors. They don’t go bad often, but when they crap out, they usually cause major drive ability problems.

How is tuning the FICM different than programming the engine? SCT increases the amount of fuel by spraying longer...so what does FICM tuning offer?