Tuner Upgrade

I run the beta torque, if you step down on it with it on level 7 and up it blacks the intersection and pops and surge's. I won't make that mistake agin cops don't take kindly to thAt where I live...

What tunes are you running 1000 tunes or beta tunes? Mine surged a little with the factory 1000 tunes. I run the beta comp tune and have no surging or popping.

And when towing if it's budding 15+ psi of boost it will randomly pop. Cursing it won't. Only when u try and bring the rpm's up will it randomly surge/pop

And when towing if it's budding 15+ psi of boost it will randomly pop. Cursing it won't. Only when u try and bring the rpm's up will it randomly surge/pop

That's not really a tune I would use everyday. There is a disclaimer before you download it. IMO you can't fault Quadzilla for the issues your having. If it surges tone the tune down in the custom tuning menu or down load the beta 3000 or comp tune. I have only experienced my truck pop a few times. That was when my transmission was slipping terribly. I built the transmission and now it runs like a raped ape for what it is.

I'm not complaining I was just telling you how my truck acts, I don't mind the poping and because it comes with running that particular tune. When I get my injectors I'll cut it back to the dyno or comp tune so it doesn't act like that.

Last edited:
Well I'm new to the electronic boxes of fury... I now own 4x4duallys truck and I'm still getting used to not having a 12v but I have been playing with it and see what I like best that isn't smoky. I've been playing with 2 and 3 and even 1 for daily driving. I am not a fan of electronic gauges but it is nice to have the adjustability and the little features that come with the ejwa. I have contemplated buying a smarty as well to stack but I don't see any need right now.

I have a good friend that has an auto truck that has a smarty and likes it but is now changing things up and lookin for a comp box or juice with att.

I ran edge comps and adreanalines but now have a tst comp and is by far the best imo.

I run an Quadzilla adrenaline with the iQuad, and love it. I sled pull with the beta dyno tune and run a 2000 series tune the rest of the time. The iQuad is finicky sometimes, but the data logging feature is nice. It's the best one I've had. I had a TST powermax comp/ edge ez stack for awhile and had the TST short circuit twice.

Id recommend edge juice/cts all the way if your not happy with stage 5 spend a lil bit more money and hot unlock it and oh lord here comes the fuel. Main reason I would say edge is just that it is so much smoother power than the quadzilla!! Plus you can hook a back up camera into the monitor!

I started with edge att, then hot unlock and thought it was a huge difference (at the time) while i was redoing the head all i said screw it i will order a new box. Chose the quad 4k... i love it! I havent been able to play with it much because it went back under the knife recently, but im looking forward to doing some custom tuning of my own and seeing how much hp i can free up. And i know it sounds dumb but i sort of enjoy the poping sound lol