tuning an 01

cummin get it

coal train
i recently did most of the work to my truck that i have listed and i notice with the smarty on and water meth on it hits about 55psi n really throws me n the seat. When i turn the quadzilla on it looses power on all stages any ideas????

Is it when the SMARTY is on high levels? My truck doesn't like the high settings on the SMARTY with the EDGE on. Try level#2 and your QUAD. It just does a little more Boost/Fuel fooling and seems a lot better plus it doesn't cut out on the top end

ya the smarty on 9 and all the injection duration and torque is all the way up. I use to not have any programing turned on but it was runnin way to hot so i tried cooling in with more fuel and water meth. If i have the smarty on and water meth on it takes a bit to get to 1400egt. With the smarty off and the quad on it skyrockets the egts and has less power which tells me there is a problem somewhere.

ill try messing with the levels on the smarty and set the quad to level 2 i can only do it thow if it aint rainin otherwise its gona be an interesting ride.

Put the SMARTY on Level#2. The higher the Smarty setting the more responsive it is but it seems to cut off the top end fuel. I run my Smarty on 2 and EDGE on 6 most the time or just the EDGE when I drag race. Seems that the dyno with and without are very close but with the SMARTY it just gets to the power quicker. Just remember not to run any timing on the SMARTY if your QUAD is on, run the even numbers. I am pretty sure that the QUAD does timing like my EDGE. Too much timing=bad news!!

ya it does add timing i believe on level seven and higher but dont quote me i will try that combo tommorrow thanks

Yeah. Good luck and just play around with it. I found my best is SMARTY #2, EDGE 6X4 and it pulls 65 psi easy with EGTS under 1380 even drag racing I don't see over 1400. You might check for a boost leak if its getting that warm quick or light up your water/meth to a little more water with less meth too

hey 8upracin on the 38's with the quad k&N intake and exhaust i dynoed 334hp and 744 torque wat do you think i am at now?

huh. I'm guessing our gonna be somewhere around the 475-500 ranger. Just depends if you can get that huge charger to light. The 38's will help you load the truck some more but I can never get full boost on the dyno like I do on the street. I haven't been back since I added some other goodies but its gonna have to wait till spring to see what happens. I know that with my 150s I think it was around 487hp?

thats why i got the 80 on the ex. it really helps on the street if i hold the brake and load it up the turbo will spool about 1800 rite away otherwise im about 2100ish

Cool. I normally only run like a 20-30% meth. I use more water for cooling not power. I got the NOS for more power and to re-spool faster between shifts on the track

im seeing what i can do without that kind of additive for now maybe down the road. i aint been on this website in like a year i had to update my pic cause it looks way different lol. If you ever consider getting a cam to max out your preformance get the industrial street cam they don't advertise it but thats wat i have and the powerband is amazing!!! I also got push rods and 110 springs but its pullin hard till about 3600rpm nice truck by the way

I set the smarty on level 2 which is fuel and boost. I had water meth on and quad off. It peaked about 40-42 psi and i could feel less power. I started with the quadzilla on lever to with the smarty and water meth the same and got about 38psi. I then turned the quad to level 4-same, level 10 only about 35psi. I don't know if this chip works with a hrvp or not. Im thinking i have a problem with either the chip or the pump because for awhile i didn't have time to mess with it and the batteries were 100% dead. Im going to try and put the chip in a buddies truck and ill go from there. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanx

Thats weird. Yeah that sure sounds to me like something is wrong with either the Quad or that HRVP doesn't like the timing and fuel that its giving it

sent the quad in today so ill find out by next tuesday if there was something wrong with the chip or not.

Back