Tuning Triples

I would think that rescaling would be the only true way to fix it. Without tuning sounds like resistors to keep the MAF voltage from maxing out

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Just run the MAF on the inlet of one of the atmosphere turbos and set up your fuel maps accordingly. It should be close to 2x air mass as what the MAF is reading.

Just run the MAF on the inlet of one of the atmosphere turbos and set up your fuel maps accordingly. It should be close to 2x air mass as what the MAF is reading.

I agree this is probably the best solution until a way is found to rescale the maf sensor.

Unfortunately a maf airflow vs voltage isn't linear, and while that is probably the best current solution, it will still take a lot of tweaking to get it right. Especially in the off boost area of the map.

If you do it this way, use the same size pipe for intakes on both, so as to keep the air restriction to both turbo's similar.

I just talked to my tuner and he has the MAF turned off. I unplugged it and ran the same as with it plugged it. I've been told all the MAF does on diesels is control EGR and DPF, how accurate is that? Would a MAF on a dmax be programmed to do different tasks then a 6.4 MAF?

Supposedly there will be some tables to control the MAF on MCC soon.

The only other thing I noticed was the MAP sensor stops reading at 37psi and I hit that around the 20% throttle my rail pressure seems to drop at. I'm not sure if 37 is its read limit yet.

Would a HPFP make peak frp up to a certain point then drop 13k if it was fukked? If it couldn't maintain pressure wouldn't it gradually, maybe even rapidly decline instead of a instant 13k drop... Or just not make peak frp at all?

Overal the truck just appears to hesitate with throttle input. If I roll into it slowly up to 20% throttle it makes peak frp and 40psi boost. If I mash it at hwy speeds it only hit 11k frp and doesn't build boost well.

I've been told all the MAF does on diesels is control EGR and DPF, how accurate is that? Would a MAF on a dmax be programmed to do different tasks then a 6.4 MAF?

I'm going to take an shot in the dark and say that your truck has the EGR and DPF crap deleted a long time ago?

I haven't talked to all of them yet. So far no one has been able to come up with a solution. Mike@KEM made me a tune that flat out rips as long as you don't push it past 20% throttle. Other then that we haven't diagnosed it yet.

Your map is around 2.5 bars. If you upped it to around 5, that may be your problem

The only other thing I noticed was the MAP sensor stops reading at 37psi and I hit that around the 20% throttle my rail pressure seems to drop at. I'm not sure if 37 is its read limit yet.

Doesn't sound like a coincidence to me. Sounds like it is hitting a limiter of some sort.

I'm not by any means a tuner, and somewhat thinking out loud here...But your ECM is looking at a 5VDC? Sensor for full fuel? So if you were to send 4.5 VDC back to your ECM, ideally I'd think you'd be able to get full fueling at WOT (similar to a speed density tune on a gas car). My guess is that your ECM is seeing an over voltage condition from the MAF that in turn becomes derate. You'd have to use your foot a lot to drive it, but it may work? I may be totally bass ackwards here, as I'm not sure how Ford ECM's operate. If the MAF sensor uses a PWM signal, you'd have to find a way to change your scaling for the PWM signal.

Last edited:
I just found out the current tune has been written to deactivate the MAF. I unplugged it and it ran the same as with it plugged in.

I'm gonna get a gauge tomorrow for my fuel regulator to make sure it's maintaining.

Doesn't sound like a coincidence to me. Sounds like it is hitting a limiter of some sort.

If I understand correctly it is only the gauge limit. Some guys have scaled it to 50psi for larger setups.

If I understand correctly it is only the gauge limit. Some guys have scaled it to 50psi for larger setups.

I apologize for my 6.4 ignorance, is this a built in gauge or an aftermarket gauge that is tapped into the oem map sensor?

I just found out the current tune has been written to deactivate the MAF. I unplugged it and it ran the same as with it plugged in.

I'm gonna get a gauge tomorrow for my fuel regulator to make sure it's maintaining.

That is essentially the same as a speed density tune. Tuned for maximum volumetric efficiency, as opposed to drivability.

Last edited:
If the MAF is truly deactivated (as in the ECM is totally ignoring it), then you are hitting a different limit from some other sensor such as your MAP sensor. Your MAF should be located after all turbos so it gets an accurate reading. Modify what ever you need to in order to accomplish this and you will be better off. You wouldn't put your MAP sensor between the turbos, your MAF is no different.
It sounds to me like either your MAF isn't actually coded out, or there is another factory limit that hasn't been coded out yet.

Oem map sensor.

Sorry, I some how missed this response.

I should have made my question a little clearer. As I figured it is an OEM map sensor, but is the gauge that the oem map sensor is supplying, is that gauge OE or aftermarket?