Tuning Twins

joefarmer said:
I honestly wouldn't worry about a slight mismatch like that. Where it gets scary is 100-110psi of back pressure on 62psi boost. :evil
But 100-110psi back pressure is just fine if you have 100-110 psi of boost.:rockwoot:

Idaho CTD said:
Been there done that!

If your not seeing boost on the primary until 20psi your top turbo wastegate is WAY to tight. Depending on the size of the twins you should see some boost out of the primary by 12psi at the latest. Even when I ran a Big Brother I would see boost out of it by around 12-14psi.

Thed wastegate is open by 25-26 psi. I was actuallyt hinking maybe that was to soon.

Know hwere to come up with a 23cm for the ht3b, reasonable?

Goalie990 said:
I see about 75 psi on my B2

I hope you mean 75psi of overall boost. 75psi from the B2 would be melting hot discharge temps, egt's, and asking for trouble.

Idaho CTD said:
From my experience you'll see the lowest drive pressure and egt's but the highest boost when you hit the sweet spot on twins. Setting a wastegate too light means a lot of low end lag and huge initial egt's since it takes too long to create boost and then it's playing catch up to the fuel the rest of the time. Setting it too tight can do the same thing as well. If you use too much exhaust energy on the small turbo it takes the needed heat/flow away from the primary causing it to be laggy as well.

this includes tuning

from a stock factory wastegate? or an aftermarket.. i think u may have solved my twins problem....

Rick