Turbine housing to wheel clearance

Tx tyre fryer

I have a BW 63/68 and I would like to put the .91 t4 housing off of my 66/74 on it. Since the housing is machined for the 74 wheel, will using it on the 68 wheel hurt spool up or will I be okay?

6mm difference with clearance usually less then 1/2 that...
Will it work.. Sure
Will it be great probably not.. See alot of laggy, high egt due to lack of efficiency and increase barking when coming off the throttle

Try it! I had a hx 35/40 hybrid charger over a 3b compound kit. The 35/40 hybrid charger took a dump and I loaded a standard hx35 in its place. Difference of 6mm overall. Ran like a champ!

Try it! I had a hx 35/40 hybrid charger over a 3b compound kit. The 35/40 hybrid charger took a dump and I loaded a standard hx35 in its place. Difference of 6mm overall. Ran like a champ!

What you did is completely different than what the OP is wanting to do.

what the OP is wanting to do would be aweful.

So you took an HX35 turbine wheel out of a HX35 turbine housing, only to replace it with an HX35? That sounds better than putting the wrong wheel in the wrong housing.

So you took an HX35 turbine wheel out of a HX35 turbine housing, only to replace it with an HX35? That sounds better than putting the wrong wheel in the wrong housing.

I had an hx35 chra in a hx40 turbine housing, since the hotpipe was specific to the hx40 style housing.

The original compressor wheel ate the cover and I hade a couple of extra hx35 so I did a quick swap.

I had an hx35 chra in a hx40 turbine housing, since the hotpipe was specific to the hx40 style housing.

The original compressor wheel ate the cover and I hade a couple of extra hx35 so I did a quick swap.

a 35/40 hybrid implies an HX40 compressor with an HX35 turbine.

It sounds like you had an HX40

a 35/40 hybrid implies an HX40 compressor with an HX35 turbine.

It sounds like you had an HX40

It's been so long now I can remember exactly what the compressor side was. What I'm getting at is that I had an hx35 turbine wheel in a hx40 turbine housing.

Smokin247 I may take you up on that but now I'm thinking of going bigger. I change my mind like I change my clothes with this stuff:doh: