Turbo advise

Ya I'm finding that out on one of my other posts they're having a hay day with my misspelling.

Why did you misspell? I'm sorry but I can understand them being upset. It's a lot of work trying to translate posts into English sometimes.

My buddy has the cheetah turbo, likes it a lot. I rode in his pickup a few times and it was a good ride. Just my .02 to the OP.

There are quite a few "cheetah" turbos from Fleece guys. Which one are you referring to?

The cheetah I was looking at was in alligator performance but every time I clicked on it to so the specs on it, it took me to a different page so I guess I'll have to get on fleeces page and look at them I got on cummins tuner and they did some testing on a 07 common rail and they said the cheetah didn't perform worth a crap in their tow test

The cheetah I was looking at was in alligator performance but every time I clicked on it to so the specs on it, it took me to a different page so I guess I'll have to get on fleeces page and look at them I got on cummins tuner and they did some testing on a 07 common rail and they said the cheetah didn't perform worth a crap in their tow test

07 or 07.5
I still don't know what turbo you're talking about, but it could have been a solid 5.9 turbo, but too small for the 6.7.

ON the BW what is the difference between the S300 and S400?

S400 chargers are a more robust frame all around. An s464 and s364 don't even compare in durability for example. Other than that the frame is a little larger overall. The housings are both v-band on an s400 IIRC.

With your setup I'd recommend a box 62 FMW or a 63/68. The fleece Cheetah in a 62 or 63 would work great for your setup.

Ryan

I've got a cheetah and the sound alone is worth the price in my opinion. Unfortunately It's not very loud anymore due to the compound setup I have. The cheetah spools almost like a stock turbo, I was pushing 50psi with a cheetah, efi live and stock injectors.

So the S400 is a T4 is spool up slower?

Spool up is all too relative to really say. Sure compared to a t3 .83ar housing the spool up with a .9 ar housing is going to be a tad slower. On the other hand you are comparing two different turbine wheels. Then you have to compare how it might spool on the correct manifold without an adapter. The correct fueling and timing to match the setup.

There are far too many factors but to be vague about it generally s400 chargers spool slower than s300 chargers.

FYI not all s300 turbos are t3 foot. Most are the t4 flavor.

YET it was the fastest "spooling" aftermarket turbo tested. 1.5 Seconds behind stock @ 1700 RPM. .57 seconds behind stock @ 2000 RPM. Thats 1/2 a second. Next closest was the A3K which made 583 RWHP to the Cheetah's 638 RWHP. The limiting factor to the tow test was the EGT threshold of 1200°. A temp threshold is relative to the end users preference...

Caleb

Last edited:
I vote for a fmw 62/68/.83 t4 (if you have a little cash you can get a wastegated .80 t3). I love my fmw. And for the price lately they almost can't be beat. I got mine from Jacob at diesel auto power. Super cool guy to talk to. You may want to give him a call and pick his brain on the topic.

First of all, almost all Fleece Cheetah turbo testing has been carried out specifically on 5.9CR or 6.7 while this poster is talking about a 12V. Not even remotely comparable. A 62 or 63mm fixed geometry S300 is what you should be after. Talk to Jose from FI and he'll get you set up with a good charger. A 63/68 would suit you just fine and they can be had for a much, much more reasonable price than a Cheetah. Only reason I would ever recommend going with a Cheetah (and even this only applies to CR guys) is if you desire a moderate bump in air supply but want to retain factory exhaust brake functionality as they operate like a factory turbo.