turbo bark at od shift

mopar or no car

After getting my triple disc converter in, the turbo barks every time it shifts into od unless its floored. Can I fix this with a lockup controller? Money is tight due to lack of work.

my new s467.7 does it pretty solid.

its just a more drastic decrease in RPM (air flow).

you will just have to learn how to drive around it.

So, being able to lock the converter in 2nd or 3rd wouldn't lessen the od shift rpm change?

Higher rpm lock up. Higher stall converter would help.

higher stall would make the bark worse

lock out OD manually and engage OD once you're backed off the throttle.

Early or late 04? On my early 04 when i hit the tow/haul button it won't allow OD to engage. So if I need to I let the converter lock in 3rd, then hit the button again to let it shift into OD.

Tuning plays a role too. More timing and rail pressure has reduced bark significantly for me.

Early 04. How much timing and rail pressure are you running? My max rail pressure is 13k. I'm still getting started with this truck, so I have lots to do yet.

13k max sounds like an issue to me...

There are guys on here that know a lot more about tuning than I do, so I won't say any more than I have already.

Early 04. How much timing and rail pressure are you running? My max rail pressure is 13k. I'm still getting started with this truck, so I have lots to do yet.

Your max rail psi is 13k at WOT?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

What are you using for gauges?

Max RP should be at least 23-24K

13k max rail psi is a problem. What smarty program/settings are you running? Is the truck stock besides intake and exhaust?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Rail pressure is extremely low. My buddy has an 03 with a stock CP3 and "100 horse injectors" and sees 25k rail pressure with the basic smarty tuning. His does flutter pretty bad going into OD with an S475 single so I am intrigued by this thread. I assumed his surge was from being a 75/83/.9 charger

....after building a MVB setup in my 03, it 'barks' with nearly every TC lock and locked 3-4 shift.

I found that a switch in my SSR tune lessened the issue, but it's still present.

i would call BS on whatever sensor you are using. idle is 7k... hell i have a tune that idles at 10k on the rail. 13k it should run like ass. when my stock cp3 went out i was only putting out 18k on stock sticks.

For gauges I have an edge insight CTS.

Running the 160 HP with timing smarty tune. Only mods are intake and smarty. Boost elbow just showed up. Haven't had my CTS up and running correctly for too long. After a lot of trying softwares, they sent a new unit and bingo.

It idles at 5k and maxes out at 13k.....not even like 13z, just 13k. Lmao

well something is still wrong.

7k at idle and 23k ish at WOT.

guys, should he look at his C.O.V.?

Its a 180k truck that I've had since Jan. I'm having occasional issues with I think the FCA momentarily dumping rail pressure. What is the "bag of parts" and could it fix some of my problems?