turbo bark at od shift

I wouldn't waste the money on a bag of parts. It doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of raising your rp from 13 to 23k+ like it should. If you replaced the FCA and still have issues then I'd suspect you need a new pump as long as your rp is reading accurately.

I haven't done anything to the pump yet. Hoping to glean some wisdom from you guys as to what to fix and how.

Stopped at my buddies shop and he hooked his scanner up and verified low rail pressure. Also verified my occasional code for the FCA. Says to change the FCA and then see how it runs.

I'm gonna just change the whole cp3 since its a 180k pump. This way I will have a good high output cp3 to give plenty of fuel to play with. Also going to get a good supply pump. With out starting a war, who sells good high output cp3's and what supply pump should I get?

The supply pump is up to you.....I would go mechanical. DTT Assassin or similar. As for the CP3, I've heard nothing but good things about T&C.....Todd really worked with a buddy of mine to help him work through his issues and get his truck back up and running. My .02

I wouldn't waste the money on a bag of parts. It doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of raising your rp from 13 to 23k+ like it should. If you replaced the FCA and still have issues then I'd suspect you need a new pump as long as your rp is reading accurately.

agreed! and after reading his other thread he definitely needs a cp3.

OP, it will feel like a new truck with a new cp3. all that sluggishness will go away. remember, boost and RP are not related. in your case. 13k is 13k is 13k. if thats all it will do, thats all it will do.

buy a pump from shane and be done with it.*bdh*

180k, I'd be getting my injectors checked out for high bypass before spending money on a pump.

I had all 6 of my injectors fail for high return and I could still hit 23-24k RP. Only issue I had was truck wouldn't start on its own. But it ran fine other than that.

From what I can tell with limited testing, the TNT tunes have helped reduce the turbo bark at od shift. Now is 20* below zero out, so gonna save up some coin and have a shop fix a couple things for me. Gonna start with fuel supply and go from there.

I thought I remember reading a long time ago that the smarty fools with the rp readings on the early trucks? In order to compensate for ECM limiters or something like that. Reading off the edge may be no good, try putting the smarty to stock then going for a drive and see what the edge says, or borrow a gauge from someone that plugs in directly at the rp sensor.

I verified my rail pressure with a snap on scanner, but it was with a smarty tune on it. I set truck back to stock the other day and had the same rp readings. Haven't verified lp pressure yet. Recovering from some other expenses. From you experienced guys, is there a lift pump(fass, air dog...) that is easy to install in a hotel parking lot? I do enjoy doing my own work, but its also 20* below zero so I may just make an appointment to have it done.

I know my started to fall on its face. Checked fuel pressure and and 1500 it was sucking it dry. If you limped it, it would run fine. But once you rolled into it hard it would fall on its face hard.

Back