turbo choice

dkimmel

Anybody running a he351cw on a 1st gen. I was thinking of swapping to a 16cm exhaust housing and a 60mm compressor up grade. I've heard power output would be close.:charger:

ive run the he-351, works good. cools up to 45 psi boost well. the bigger exhaust housing wont do you any favors .

the HE351 is a better turbo IMO

the old 6 blade 60mm compressor sounds awesome, but the modern 7 blade is a much better turbo, and the turbine housing on the HE351 flows a lot better than the old HX housing... undivided, superior wastegate flow,etc.

the bigger exhaust will give you a slower spool up

the bigger exhaust will give you a slower spool up

Well he doesnt have his sig filled out but if he is stepping down from an 18 or a 21 cm then the 16 will not give him slower spool..

theres a 91 cummins on youtube that has a VGT on it, mechanical wastegate on it, sounds amazing!

I missed a he351cw on ebay, it needed an exhaust wheel. I got sniped in the last 10 seconds. CRAP!. I might go with the 16 or possible the 14cm exhaust housing along with the 60mm compressor and wheel kit. Any opinions?

unless you can find them (ex.housings)dirt cheap or free you might as well throw on a hx-35. good cheap turbo.

What do I need to weld, pipes are no problem. Or are you talking about the vgt part

I bought a he351cw. Starting to collect the other parts needed.:charger:

ok sounds good. I was going to go with a 351 next but I think im steering more towards a S300 based set up now.

i had a he351cw i would strongly suggest a 62mm s300 over it...well worth them extra money

I really like my he351cw. Spools fast, and keeps temps down with stock non intercooled injectors and the fuel screw almost at runaway. I can keep it wot on a grade and not see more then 1300 degrees, and it makes around 32-35psi.