Turbo for towing?

BigBadDodge

Hey guy's, I tow a goosneck at about 15K to about 17K and I am looking for an upgraded turbo, something mild designed for towing heavy and compliment what I have done to the truck so far, this a tow rig only and I am not looking go with twins:

I have and AFE intake
Silverline Exhaust
SBC Dual disk
DDP 50hp nozzels (soon)
TS Power Play MP8 with MPD Monitor

I will most likly add a Fass or Airdog system soon as well.

Thanks for your help,

BBD

Many to list.

I have a friend with a similar setup hes using a BD Super B works pretty well with him.

I always say go with twins.

gt4088 (63.7mm)<- probly most expencive... and has a T4 foot
BD power trubo S364 wide ranger of upgrades
A4000
S300 60-64mm variants

Many to list.

I have a friend with a similar setup hes using a BD Super B works pretty well with him.

I always say go with twins.

twin the stocker...with a 2.8 turbo that would kill more egts then just bigger single

i got a super b and it tows awesome..they say it will also support 450 ho w/o studs but i have yet to see that...i tow some heavy stuff. farm eqpt/hay/shell/feed sometimes im over 30000 gross. the super b is good for towin the toy hauler too but it isnt gonna make alotta top end power for ya..well it hasnt foe me anyways...and they can be found cheap brand new for probly 1200 bucks for a polished one like mine....it comes w/evrything ya need to install it too. nohing to buy ..unlike alotta other setups that cost all the oil tubes and clamps and downpipes are extra

I like the silver 62 myself as a single for just a everyday tow rig with a few fueling mods, the whole IM NOT LOOKING FOR TWINS confuses people sometimes :hehe:

stocker/s400 twins, 62/13/65-SS, garrett Ball bearing turbo, or have E.D. build you one.

I really dont think you wil have enough fuel to outdo the stocker.

Add a Smarty JR to the mix and a 62/65/13 and that should get you a solid 450hp towing HP.

Thanks for the replies guy's, I forgot to mention it's a 2006 CR sorry about that.

I have actully looked at most mentioned here, I just can't make up my mind :bang I was leaning toward the ATS twins that utalize the stocker but the cost is up there and I though I could get the same results with a good single charger. Is anybody here using one of those set ups?

The Super B looks pretty reasonable as mentioned.

BBD

Scott, talk to Brett or Adam @ LCD they put a twin set up on a 06 stocker over a s400 and the guy is not happy with it. Greg (Liftman on Norcaldieslforum) has the II towing twins and loves them. Phil has had the BD towing twins and i think now has the race twins.

Ive got a PS 62/71/14 that i think will be great for towing my 33' 5th wheel. But with the Hot edge i can still see 1500* plus when smashing the skinny pedal.

A smarty Jr and a 62 would be a real good combo for your tow truck.

Thanks, I wil give the fellers at LCD a ring :) wish I would have talked to them about this at the dyno day :(

BBD

Thanks for the replies guy's, I forgot to mention it's a 2006 CR sorry about that.

I have actully looked at most mentioned here, I just can't make up my mind :bang I was leaning toward the ATS twins that utalize the stocker but the cost is up there and I though I could get the same results with a good single charger. Is anybody here using one of those set ups?

The Super B looks pretty reasonable as mentioned.

BBD

If you want to go with a stocker/s400 Id check out Wicked Diesel, he makes great stuff for a lot cheaper then ATS or MPI.

Also for a single check out the ball bearing turbos from Garrett

i use an s300 on my 99. haul fat cattle and run a 25 foot gooseneck. usually drags my trailer with 20000lbs worth of fats pretty easy. the truck used to runa 30 foot catttle trailer too. s3 is way to go!

Scott, Chris is very fair,, and the quality is excellent. I definately would try to utilize the stock turbo for a setup like this..

Kevin

The Garrett gt3788r stage 3 would be perfect... spools faster than stock and supports 550hp.