Turbo for towing?

I have a HTT 62/71/14 on mine and it works great as long as I stay on top of the charger. If I get under the charger it always throws a P0299 low boost code. Other than that I really like it. I normally tow with the Smarty on 3 and the TST off, but some times the Smarty is on 9 and it still keeps everything cool.

I have a HTT 62/71/14 on mine and it works great as long as I stay on top of the charger. If I get under the charger it always throws a P0299 low boost code. Other than that I really like it. I normally tow with the Smarty on 3 and the TST off, but some times the Smarty is on 9 and it still keeps everything cool.

and therein lies the problem w/overturbo'ing....tyuff w/an auto to get back into the power when yer grossin 28000 on a slight grade..yer foot keeps gettin deeper but all yer doin is blowin it out the pipe. i think my super b is too small really but i know ill never not be able to spool it and it is better than a stock one for sure

I would say that a SPS6280 or a Silver Bullet 6280 would be great towing turbos. I have just lately put a set of our Towing twins on my truck. I bought a Cyclone 36' Toy Hauler. Heavy trailer! I have to pull it up 5-6 switch backs that are 8% grades to get to East Canyon Resort. It has been a breeze with the II Towing Twins. The SPS or Silver Bullet would be great though. Thanks, Brady

Well I got the AirDog 100 with the Hellman sump and Glacier filter housing eliminator installed last weekend, this weekend I installed a set of Flux 1's. I an seriously considering the Smarty Jr to get me some timing and then turn the MP-8 down some. My turbo from the fine folks at E.D. should be here early this next week and then I get to tow across country on the 25th, should be a whole new towing exsperience with these goodies :)

Thanks for the help guy's

BBD

Big thanks to Bob I got the Smarty Jr-pod this afternoon. Went out and loaded the performace tune to play with until I hook up to the trailer next week then I wil try the towing tune, this should make a good towing set up :)

Thanks Bob :Cheer:

BBD

Here she is, should get it on this week sometime :)

DSC01454.JPG

DSC01455.JPG

BBD

64/71/14 Scott. My brother & I tow heavy 16-18k#. He has 04.5 with 90hp II & Smarty. Stick with a 71 series, trust me....we've tried them all.

It's in and it ROCK'S :rockwoot:

Last week we hit three pulls in four day's quit a bit of towing over some good grades out West here.

Big thanks to Chris and Glenn at E.D. for building me a great towing Turbo :)

BBD

The Garrett gt3788r stage 3 would be perfect... spools faster than stock and supports 550hp.

What is your definition of "supports" (not trying to be a smart butt) everyone has a different opinion on that! That sounds very tempting!
Congrats on the new setup Scotty, you gonna be able to make it up to Brads next month?

Scott I have that same turbo from ED, mine is a little bling blinggy though.....
DSC00624.jpg

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

Damn now I have to go pull it, and polish it.

The Turbo that is :)

Congrates you will like :rockwoot:

BBD