Turbo help

cummins754

I got a 2000 cummins I'm in the process of p pumping and need opinions on a turbo. It's a 215 pump 4gsk 181dvs .93 tubes and lines with 7x.014 injectors set to p pump pressures. It an auto I dd and want to be at or over 700 on fuel only. Is it possible to daily drive a single capable of supporting this power? What are some options on turbos? I was looking at an ii s475 but I'm kinda lost. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
I've thought about it I just don't like the price. What would you think would be a good setup for my truck

for a 700hp single on fuel only for a DD, you're going to give up something somewhere. it'll either be laggy or smokey, or not be able to tow or haul, or break all the time. Its a lot to ask. look at doing a custom set of twins. get a used top and bottom from a seller here or the JY, and do the piping yourself. it may not be equal to the best manufactured kits, but you can make it work. thats just my opinion, guys will tell you how they daily drive 700hp trucks, but on fuel only, I think you're looking at lots of hurdles.

What do you use the truck for? just around town, racing, pulling? are you limited by rules of a sanctioning body?

I have been racing a lot the past year with my old set up so no there's no regulations on anything. I don't tow much and if I really have to I can borrow my brothers truck. And mainly I just drive around town I work about 2 miles away.

IIRC, CL2000 did over 700 on a 64/71. Several posts of his in the p-pump section.

Thanks for the input guys I might buy a used s475 and the piping for twins I just gotta find another turbo