Turbo injector combo

Hillrod660

First off I think I'll have better luck here so that's why I posted in the 12v section, Getting ready to p pump my 01 I got a 215 pump, 4k governor spring kit, 191 dvs, mack plug in the back, custom fuel plate. 84 lines... I heard that the 24v head runs cooler so you can get away with more fuel. But I'd like to do an injector / turbo combo that can get me to 500hp but still somewhat manageable to where I can drive it to work if I have to. Even if I have to baby it.
I have all supporting mods head studs, dual disc, and a airdog. So just looking for some proven injector turbo combos that will work good on the P pump 24v setup. Also the 215 pump has been benched and calibrated to flow 500/550cc.. Thanks for any info.

I'd run a 5x14 injector most likely from Haley Speed Innovations, look that up on Facebook. Turbo I'd run a 63/68 and I'd get that from Taylor Manning.

I personally run a benched 215 with another brand of 5x14's and a Sliver Bullet 66, it's extremely streetable here at 1600 ft altitude.

As you may know your biggest friend with any 12V is a properly modded and tuned AFC!

Jim

This pump ran very VERY well when it came off the truck that I bought it from so I'm hoping for minimal tuning, but will see. I have a kid trying to sell me a 68 turbo says it wont be to big ha but that's a monster for what I'm doin

With a set of 5x14s and a 63/68 like Jim suggested you'll have a quick spooling fun daily driver that's perfectly capable of 500hp and even towing a trailer with a good payload on it. I daily drive a single 75/83-1.0 on the street and would almost consider going bigger it has such good manners. The secret is a well tuned AFC like Jim also mentioned. I got the 5x14s in my 94 from Weston (Smokem on here and his company is infinite performance) and like them. My 5x18s are JL Machine and like them too but they're too big for your goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'd run a 5x14 injector most likely from Haley Speed Innovations, look that up on Facebook.

I remember when I had this guy contact me, asking all sorts of questions about pistons and injectors, and what works and why. He said "don't worry I'm not going to start a business selling injectors or anything"...

I remember when I had this guy contact me, asking all sorts of questions about pistons and injectors, and what works and why. He said "don't worry I'm not going to start a business selling injectors or anything"...

Just how many times has that happened to you?

Sounds like you didn't divulge any information to him, so what's the issue?
He isn't openly a vendor on here taking your money, are you afraid or something?
Using that against the guy seems pretty low... But whatever.

Sounds like you didn't divulge any information to him, so what's the issue?

Where did I imply I didn't divulge information to him, or your other friend? I'm not worried about anyone starting their own business, it's the fact that people would deceive someone just to get information that might not be shared under another context.

I run 5x.014 from Weston (Smokem) and a 63/68/83 fun street truck that I can still tow with

15 posts and once again it solidifies what I don't come on here often......I sure miss the ole' TDR days!

Don't know what to tell you about 7x11's Hillrod, just don't have any experience with them as I don't sell any parts, never have, probably never will.

My 5x18's are JL Machine and like them too but they're too big for your goals.
I've heard good things about those too, in a way I wan't to try a 5x18, just don't know if I need to mess with it. These 5x14's are fine, just too low pop pressures, something I learned 10+ years ago!

Jim

My 01 with a 180 pump, 191s, 7x12s, and a box 66 drove like a dream. Relatively smoke free for a mechanical. Put down 525 with one of the DVs not sealing at all I found later.

7x10s and a 63/68 with your choice of housing and go from there if it were my truck. If you want it to drive really well add a turbo to the stocker whether it be a GT4202, S475, or even an HT3B and step up to some 7x12s. Seeing as how you have a manual compounds will be more enjoyable. Not that a 63/68 is a slouch.

What were the specs on your 66 zfaylor, I tried to pm you but it said your in box was full.

Just your run of the mill 177284 from borg. Stock mani, t4 adapter.

This is the video I took from when I was selling it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ous0ofNzGqc

I have another floating around somewhere showing how clean it ran. It wasn't amazing by any means but it was a fun combo. It was much better when I went back to a smaller tire. The 35s that were on it with 3:55s made it a slight turd. Toss a tighter t3 housing on it and it would be better as well. For your goals I would honestly consider the 63 but don't be afraid of a 66 if you don't tow often.

Ha I got 355 and am running 35s, I would just be nervous about a 66 being to laggy ya know. Ha I thought about goin to 4 10s or even 373s