Turbo/injector options?

solow1k

Well at 72,000 miles one of my injectors is sticking so now its time for an upgrade. Truck has a built suncoast tranny with converter, also has ARP head studs and an EGR delete.

I do a good bit of towing with this truck but also would like it to run as good as possible. I figured since im doing injectors i might as well do a turbo to match it correct?

Let me know what you guys have done and what works for you!

I'd do a fuel system before, or at the same time as you do injectors.

I'd do a fuel system before, or at the same time as you do injectors.

Depending on how big of an injector you plan on running will depend on how much of a fuel system you need. But I second needing up upgrade your fuel lines before your injectors. Factory lines have problems feeding the stock injectors.

As far as injector matching turbo, how much do you tow (weight wise)?

I planned on doing a fuel system at the same time.

I tow anywhere from 3,000lbs to 10,000lbs at any given time. So turbo/fuel system/injector recommendations from anyone?

If you are looking at 10k and less, you can go as large as a 64mm charger. If you tow in areas with lots of hills, a 62mm will be more pleasant to tow with but either will work.

So, as far as fueling, you should be able to go up to a 190cc injector.

Custom programming will be needed but this will be a fun setup for around town and still give you the use of your truck.

If you decide to go with a 190, a fuel pump will is strongly recommended.

That’s pretty much where I would go. There are lot of other things you can do, but this is the direction we would go.

also since your gonna up grade your fuel system you might wanna think about getting a better oil filtration system since that 6.0l injectors are operated by oil pressure. On EliteDieselEng.com has a really good oil filtration system.

We also have an external oil filtration system that uses two full flow filters. One is a 10 micron filter and the other is a 3 micron.

Can I get some more info on this?

Here is a link to the description on our site:

http://www.trustedperformance.com/OilHousing.html

Basically, we remove the fuel and oil filter housing on top of the engine and route the oil down to the side of the frame. From there, we use a full flow 10 micron filter that feeds into a full flow 3 micron filter and then it is back to the top of the engine.

All lines are steel braided, oil filter mounting brackets don't require you to put a hole in the frame, and filters are available at most industrial supply locations. So, you can either buy replacement filters through us or at your local supply house. We supply a filter cross reference sheet with every kit to make it easier to find replacement filters.

We really only have products for the 6.0. We have some really cool stuff coming out in the next few months. As that hits, we will start increasing our product offering but as of right now, yeah, pretty much 6.0 only

thats awesome, so are you all needing trucks still to put some components on to test with??

if you do let me know i got a pretty stock truck and i would be willing to use my truck as a test session.

I'm sure you would :)

EDIT- just found your content info and site in the thread, where at in Texas are you located?

and are you guys still looking for local customers to help you try out turbo/fuel setups? Or do you know what will and wont work well. BTW im located in the DFW

Last edited:
We are mainly looking for people to test our turbos, both compound and single configurations.

We still have some slight tweaking to do one some of our fuel kits but nothing really major.

If you are interested in a charger, pm me.

HMMMM, I might know of a guy testing some turbos from Trusted. LOL